not getting my hopes up but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the words of Ron Burgandy, "This escalated very quickly!"

I prefer this quote: "Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island!" This means get the hell off DPx Island!!

Adios Mofo Troll!:jerkit:

Wow, this thread has certainly taken an interesting turn.

Unfortunately, while all these personal attacks back and forth may be fun to read, and generate a lot of heat, they don't generate much light. The problem with these kind of pissing contests is that, at the end of the day, everyone just ends up covered in piss.

So, I have a simple question - can RYP, or anyone else, give us some kind of estimate about when dealers will be receiving the non-LE folders. I understand that the LE folders are now at DPX, which is great. However, I still don't understand where we are with the first run production folders. Are they still in Italy? If so, is the problem just the boxes or is it that Lion is behind in production? Can someone give us some estimate of their ETA?

I think these are fair questions, and although I may have missed it with all the name calling back and forth, I don't think they've really been answered.

Maybe neither RYP nor anyone else on this forum knows the answer because Lion has not been forthcoming with an answer. If that's the case, just tell us.

Speaking for myself, I'm certainly willing to hang in for a couple of more months at least. What gets me concerned is not the delay so much as the lack of info. I unfortunately have had a couple of bad experiences with group buy/preorders in the past. In one case a one week delay became a one month delay became a one year delay became no product at all. And I have to say some of the early threads looked a lot like this one.

To be clear, I'm not saying that is what is going on here. RYP has a good reputation. So does DPX. I just think everyone would be a lot calmer and happier if someone in the know could address the questions I raised above head on.

I hope you are not going down the same road as reflexred. :confused: Here is some info RYP posted yesterday.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9187013#post9187013

The Regular production knives are scheduled for shipment just waiting for Gianni to give me the shipping info

Wow, this thread has certainly taken an interesting turn.

Unfortunately, while all these personal attacks back and forth may be fun to read, and generate a lot of heat, they don't generate much light. The problem with these kind of pissing contests is that, at the end of the day, everyone just ends up covered in piss.

So, I have a simple question - can RYP, or anyone else, give us some kind of estimate about when dealers will be receiving the non-LE folders. I understand that the LE folders are now at DPX, which is great. However, I still don't understand where we are with the first run production folders. Are they still in Italy? If so, is the problem just the boxes or is it that Lion is behind in production? Can someone give us some estimate of their ETA?

I think these are fair questions, and although I may have missed it with all the name calling back and forth, I don't think they've really been answered.

Maybe neither RYP nor anyone else on this forum knows the answer because Lion has not been forthcoming with an answer. If that's the case, just tell us.

Speaking for myself, I'm certainly willing to hang in for a couple of more months at least. What gets me concerned is not the delay so much as the lack of info. I unfortunately have had a couple of bad experiences with group buy/preorders in the past. In one case a one week delay became a one month delay became a one year delay became no product at all. And I have to say some of the early threads looked a lot like this one.

To be clear, I'm not saying that is what is going on here. RYP has a good reputation. So does DPX. I just think everyone would be a lot calmer and happier if someone in the know could address the questions I raised above head on.

Not going down any road Thrill, just trying to hold the high ground.:) Thanks for the info. Must have missed it. That's part of the problem when these threads get clogged up with personal attacks back and forth - important info can get buried.

As I said before, there's no reason I can't hold out for a couple of months. I'd rather wait for a quality product with all the bugs worked out than get a "buggy" early release beta version of this knife.

Just to be precise and squelch rumors. Our original target date for the product to be here was Dec 25th, it is now Jan 26. Although it seems like a lifetime its not that many working days between then and the new date. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't make the trains run on time during blizzards, melt downs and holidays. It just means that no effort has been spared on all parties to get our first product into your hands without making a single micro concession to cutting corners.

I appreciate your patience...so you will have to excuse me if I pound a few trolls like tent pegs just to keep in shape :))

The internet does not protect you from the boogeyman.

Don't make shit up. And then say stupid things about the stupid things you made up.

Remember we/I can always find you. That's my speciality. Hunting down people.
If you want to give me an opinion or an idea, a funny idea or response it will be always respected and accepted. If you want to slag off products or people without any proof or experience. It will not stand.

If you make shit up and then talk shit about it. You will bleed and cry.

Enjoy :)

RYP
Will the HEST/F cut through the top of an Itaska? :eek:

Houndoggy... I will be kind...Its always better to ask the question politely. Wait for a polite answer and then render an opinion. I fully respect the need for people to have a wide spectrum of opinons but a supposition followed by an opinion is never healthy.

Lion Steel has been in constant contact with me and conversely I have been in constant contact with them. I post only FACTS related to products so that we can spend our time debating OPINIONS and IDEAS.

If we start debating FACTS then clearly I am not communicating them in an in efficient manner. The fact is that the LE's are here, the first half of the Regulars ship Friday and the following ship the next Friday. Yes that may drive some people crazy but the big dogs will get their orders first (because they have the most processing to do) and the little dogs will get theirs next (which will get processed faster because they have less orders)

So I think that is fair and factual. Much of this speculation seems to have leaked over from another forum and I just want to state again that Gianni knows his business very, very well. He is quite deservedly the new girl at the dance over here now that Americans are discovering the amazing quality, fit, feel and finish of his knives and we are proud to be working with his craftsmen as they bring our designs to life on a number of exciting projects that will be released over the coming year.

You have seen just SOME of the new products coming out next year. We have some secret ones we will spring on you as well!

HEAT is a go. We just need to finalize delivery dates, price etc.

Don't let the facts stand in your way of a good troll.
Well said RYP!!!! Eat it Reflexred!!!:barf:
Well said!!!
Very well said. :thumbup:
------------
Statistics
Reflexred

# Total Posts: 28
# Posts Per Day: 0.56

----------------------------------
We really should have an age requirement before allowing someone to post.

Seriously, 13 is just too young. . . .
Yep...... :thumbup:

We will always welcome one village idiot. He makes the rest of us look real smart
And after reading all his drivel.... he has.
In fact, he has made most of us appear to be geniuses..... :thumbup: .. ;)

RYP, many thanks for your response. As far as I'm concerned this matter is now closed.

Those continuing to whine deserve nothing but our scorn and a swift kick in the ass. Or the soup nazi treatment - "No knife for you." :)

When everyone has their personal DPx HEST snuggled deep in their pockets, we will all get together and have a big man hug.

128991506658346980.jpg

These not how you do a man hug....

mccain-hug.jpg

manhug.jpg

RYP,

question about the HEAT.Will this be a regular production model with a fair amount of units being produced?

Or is it somewhat limited like the HEST/F is?

Thanks.

That's a relative term. We are not a mass marketer of anything. DPx Gear is a small island and its a privilege not a right to be on it :)) Our users define the brand and there aren't many crazy bastards out there who "get" the whole DPx Gear lifestyle and product promise.

In addition, the very nature of the design and hand/short run/CNC/craftsman type manufacturing process limits the total amount of knives we can produce.

I can tell you we will do a First Run DPx HEAT with goodies and we will then do a production model which will keep in the "obtainable if you move quickly, but probably sold out if you drag your feet" zone. We can probably do 250 of the LE and about a thousand in the first batch. How it sells after that is up to how well the knife works, feels and impresses your buddies.

As I mentioned earlier we also might have some fun with unique versions sold through our dealers.

Now do HEST owners also want a HEAT? Or will the HEAT outsell the HEST? We shall see. My guess is that you want your HEST beat up during the week and your HEAT is your Sunday go to meeting knife.

Hi there RYP, I'm not sure you really care to hear from me after our exchange on the forum last night, but i wanted to tell you I wasn't trying to attack you personally. or trolling to make trouble, i was simply posting an update on the thread i started, and it got out of hand.. I realise that you are pouring your heart and soul and expertise into your product and I do appreciate that. I'm sure that the knife will completely live up to my and everyone's expectations as your products have done in the past. I was just looking for a solid delivery date along with the other customers. I am normally a very patient person, every day of my life is spent dealing with moronic people, factories in china, and the ultimate test of patience an autistic child. I guess I just lost that cool and patience in anticipation of getting my shiny new knife. I am not in the business of making enemies out of complete strangers, so i wanted to extend this olive branch in the form of a message, and let you know despite my harsh criticism in previous posts i do greatly look forward to seeing that UPS box on my door step in the coming weeks along with everyone else. thanks for the solid update on the delivery time.

Reflexred

Reflexred. Explanation accepted. Shoulder thump...knuckle bump.

Next time just ask the question. Happy to answer if I have a the facts.

Now do HEST owners also want a HEAT? Or will the HEAT outsell the HEST? We shall see. My guess is that you want your HEST beat up during the week and your HEAT is your Sunday go to meeting knife.

That couldn't be a more correct thought of using the HEAT if I said so myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back