Official Buck Picture Thread

Taking inventory with a little help.
43a8d97e064ea5be681c079ca983689a.jpg

I love the 112, my favorite folder..
67e9447836f91a8889194273376de663.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've heard a lot about the spa treatment but haven't ever used it until getting a 2 dot 110 on an auction site.
Well, after around 5 weeks I just got it back and it looks gorgeous! These pictures do not do it justice but here it is..
45f09cdc11e5c4aa88d2d43972d3b025.jpg

5801b4b9ec07eae94644fafa98335bf5.jpg

Told ya, (I think). It's amazing how shiny they can get a knife isn't it?

Yes you did and you where right. I was really impressed with the end result for sure.

I think they actually get them shinier than when they were new. Service like that is worth the extra cost of a US-made knife.

I endured the spam-puking Photobucket yet again so I could show off my Christmas present to myself: Buck #322 Congress in Yellow Sawcut Delrin, (1995 SFO). Searched two years for this one, and the only thing missing is a box and papers, otherwise it is completely unused and in perfectly pristine condition.

I endured the spam-puking Photobucket yet again so I could show off my Christmas present to myself: Buck #322 Congress in Yellow Sawcut Delrin, (1995 SFO). Searched two years for this one, and the only thing missing is a box and papers, otherwise it is completely unused and in perfectly pristine condition.

FANTASTIC!! Congrats. I've told myself that once ( if I ever do) finish my 303 collection I'm going after all the yellow SFO's next.

Clay

FANTASTIC!! Congrats. I've told myself that once ( if I ever do) finish my 303 collection I'm going after all the yellow SFO's next.

Clay
Thanks, I'm still amazed I even found it. There are a few yellow post-1986 in various versions floating around, but the pre-'86 & SFO versions are few and far far between. Managed to snag three so far, and the hunt continues. I will probably never find a small Barlow in yellow, (or ANY Buck Small Barlow), but I know they exist. Some of these rare Bucks are like Sasquatch, there are rumors of their existence, but finding them is near impossible.

Great find, it's hard to find boxes from that era, and that Cadet looks pretty much unused.

I put this one on the shelf today...
1b0c5abffd00a960f5b29281c0b647f0.jpg

Clay

Another for the shelf, this one makes me feel my 303 collection has become a legitimate collection.
First version Schrade contract 303
d7fc296455069253c9923b22e2baff0f.jpg

Yeah... I bid with my heart and chased this one. I'm still not sure exactly what the scales are. I always read macarta but it looks more like wood up close.

First, the 315 is a over run of the version that is scrimshawed with a three masted sailing ship and some dates. Somewhere there is a discussion on 315s and someone, maybe Gedlicks, gave the info he knew about that issue. I have always called them "Ivory micarta" but could be wrong. I will try to get photobucket to cough up the photo of one.

For someone serious with intent on being a collector. Wrap the knife in parchment paper you can buy in grocery store to protect the box from any oil. Also consider taking the papers out of your 'new in the box' knives and placing them in three ring clear plastic pages. Flatten them out with an iron set on low. Keep a record on what goes with which box and knife. Sometimes NIB knives are missing papers or partial papers. Emspop photo looks like all are there. A clue to age of a properly boxed and papered knife is the date found on the bottom of the largest page and of course the address of the factory. Also just as Stumps does, watch for it in his photos, I only use blue painters tape to put a number or id on a knife. Also blue tape on "bottom" of box if you need to id or info the box. There have been threads on this here on the Buck forum and in the BCCI newsletter. 300

Last edited:
I saw that one and was watching, but I'm stuck on collecting SFO's at the moment, so I passed on this one. All said and done I think you got yourself a great collectible 315.

First, the 315 is a over run of the version that is scrimshawed with a three masted sailing ship and some dates. Somewhere there is a discussion on 315s and someone, maybe Gedlicks, gave the info he knew about that issue. I have always called them "Ivory micarta" but could be wrong. I will try to get photobucket to cough up the photo of one.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1061158-White-Scaled-Buck-315-contract-knives

I read your Camellias thread about the 315. Can you explain "over run" ? I've seen the tall ships 315 but they have a whiter appearing scale in the pictures I've seen. This knife has scales that I don't think would be a material that could be "Scrimshaw" in the traditional method of scratching a picture and filling the recesses with ink. The scales are very close to the same color of the traditional Buck boxes but I don't think they were originally white and yellowed with age. Do you have any further insight?

"Over run" in this case means they may have ordered 120 knives to pick the best 110 to scrim. Or Buck had a hand full of left over scales and rather than let them go to waste, either made up a few for employee gifts, or employees made their own. Essentially, extras without the scrim.

Micarta is very color stable. I'm not sure a chain smoker could turn white to yellow.

Nicely done sir!! When I bid with my heart....both my wallet and wife get itchy....did I forget a letter??

Yeah... I bid with my heart and chased this one. I'm still not sure exactly what the scales are. I always read macarta but it looks more like wood up close.

Congrats....that is a beauty. I was finally able to track down a black 322........

Back