Official SURVIVE! picture thread

I like that backpack! What is it?
f4a6135a49c4085eb4170790282a7756.jpg

It's a TAD, tripleaughtdesign. EDC fastpack 29.8 liters

Sent from my SM-G930T

Can you tell if the cerakoted blade reduces any friction on splitting, T? I've owned a bunch of Bussekin, but never a cerakoted model.

That is the only thing I've split with it. The wood was quite dry and straight-grained so basically just got it started and it popped in twain. :D

But the overall feel is much slicker than the few coated Busses I have which would likely lend itself to going through with less resistance. Unfortunately I don't have a coated Busse of similar size/geometry to do a comparison.

That is the only thing I've split with it. The wood was quite dry and straight-grained so basically just got it started and it popped in twain. :D

But the overall feel is much slicker than the few coated Busses I have which would likely lend itself to going through with less resistance. Unfortunately I don't have a coated Busse of similar size/geometry to do a comparison.

The bolded is kinda what I was wondering, what with the regular coating of CG or BG Busses being so rough. That's a good point as well that it would not be a good comparison with blades of different geometry. Probably too many variables to get a good read on this one. Thanks for the thoughts anyway :thumbup:

The bolded is kinda what I was wondering, what with the regular coating of CG or BG Busses being so rough. That's a good point as well that it would not be a good comparison with blades of different geometry. Probably too many variables to get a good read on this one. Thanks for the thoughts anyway :thumbup:

HK, I have the pre-production test sample sent back when the CruV was still a mystery, would be willing to ship it your way for a bit if desired.

^Classic S!K right there :thumbup:

HK, I have the pre-production test sample sent back when the CruV was still a mystery, would be willing to ship it your way for a bit if desired.

I might take you up on that CG. I've got a 4.7 peened here, and could do a head to head on some batoning with the two, maybe do a short write-up. I'm just curious more than anything. I'll shoot you a PM.

Gorgeous shot Silver! Always jealous of you midwesterners and your fall colors, but not the cold :)

Hope you've been well brotha!

Gorgeous shot Silver! Always jealous of you midwesterners and your fall colors, but not the cold :)

Hope you've been well brotha!

Whoa! That means a lot coming from the master of indoor S!K photography :D

I love having all four seasons hear, but could do with about 3 less months of ice and cold!

All good here, my man. Thanksgiving blessings to you and your family. I bet they're in for a treat tomorrow. Hey, don't you owe us a culinary thread? ;)

Factory 2cd 4.7 with TR's scales and an ugly betty 4.7
PICT1227_zpsslfbwm7o.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] with matching 2.7 factory 2cd.

Now that's what I call a hot looking trio! I hope to have a very similar bunch at some point in the future (notice I didn't say soon as I patiently wait for my 2.7, 4.1, 4.7 &7/7 to arrive).

Thanks Elendan- The 2cds are both the old style before the etching was used under the flag so I switched some grips around to make them a set.
The UB 4.7 has 2 very small pits on the other side of the blade but still was such a quality buy for the money. Very happy with them all.

Whoa! That means a lot coming from the master of indoor S!K photography :D

Aww thanks!

I love having all four seasons hear, but could do with about 3 less months of ice and cold!

I hear ya on that! :thumbup:

All good here, my man. Thanksgiving blessings to you and your family. I bet they're in for a treat tomorrow.

Twas a great thanksgiving! Plenty of roasting. Hope you and yours had a great holiday!

Hey, don't you owe us a culinary thread? ;)

Haha I know, work has gotten the better of my time lately and was trying to figure out a hosting option for images/video before throwing something up on here. Should have something up before Christmas to help make everyone's holiday season a lil' tastier :)

Twas a great thanksgiving! Plenty of roasting. Hope you and yours had a great holiday!

Haha I know, work has gotten the better of my time lately and was trying to figure out a hosting option for images/video before throwing something up on here. Should have something up before Christmas to help make everyone's holiday season a lil' tastier :)
Glad to hear about your Thanksgiving.

I'm just giving you a hard time about the thread. I'll be looking forward to it whenever you get to it!

Back