"Old Knives"

Top of the crop Brass bushed royalty by Robeson..
I managed to pick up another extremely tidy example of the above( photos show wipe scratches that are very hard to see " in the flesh"
This one has the more ornate Spiral Punch.
What nice examples of Scout knives, Duncan!! Gems in your collections!!
So many Scouts got worn out - you were lucky (and tenacious, I'll wager!!) to find those!!

What a Great Winchester Barlow there M majorpain1 - I can see why Charlie decided to go head first into the Barlows- when you see an older example like yours- I too get that feeling, imaging the older Barlows that Charlie and Augie have also- finding those very old examples would just be amplified!

Thank you Charlie :) - these pickups were quite a few years apart.
You and I talked about prices the other day and the first example shown kinda hurt to get it, in fact another esteemed forum friend of ours contacted me if he could purchase it - I was quite ok with passing it on exactly for what I paid- as he is a very nice guy, but I think he too thought "ouch".

I look at the knife and think - "oh man... that is a couple of months spending money for me" but after the hurt has gone from that ( 🤣 ) You pick up the Knife and go " Thank goodness I picked this up" and then experience what we all do when handling what we think is a stunning Knife.
There's another side to that coin and you realise what a mistake you have made 🤣 - I have felt that bite more than a few times!!

What an amazing passion we share here. I laugh when I try to explain just how awesome this Knife is to Sue- and you kind of see the shutters close as it's "just another Knife" ( I have stopped showing her now ) - but if she sees a great old Muscle Car - she is all over it! So getting people to understand is fruitless task.

In saying that Sue has a few Knives, her favourite is a tiny wee Schrade USA Lockback on her key ring, and a Ivory handled Gardeners Knife with Ivory Budding blade, quite an older knife that looks to have had a Main Blade replacement - a Sheepsfoot, I love it when I see her using them.

I was very worried seeing all this about the photo's, it seems that I won't be affected as I use Imgur, at least I am hoping this is so, as I literally have thousands of photo's posted as well.
To our good friends- please don't wipe your photo's so you can continue posting, simply use a place like Imgur to store and use the image links to post photos on forums and such like our great place we have here.
Old Knife content..

It's been a while since I visited my scouts, so please bear with me 🤪

Top of the crop Brass bushed royalty by Robeson..

Eupjxd6.jpg

e4usx2X.jpg

KZp1PpT.jpg

Another beauty is this Buffalo Bill NYK ( I see others described as Cody's - I am sure the etch on the blade says Buffalo Bill)

RIv4iRY.jpg

Vv60xec.jpg

gZ2G39x.jpg
I managed to pick up another extremely tidy example of the above( photos show wipe scratches that are very hard to see " in the flesh"
This one has the more ornate Spiral Punch.

I have had these buried for quite some time now since my last maintenance oil & Wax, not sure with this if it has Cody etched - must dig them out some stage and check this.

vADzvoH.jpg

4mtxuPl.jpg

p96kvY2.jpg

Terrible lighting sorry..
cF838Wx.jpg

1I3rLqg.jpg

Duncan - Very nice examples of the Buffalo Bill knife! The second one is interesting, how often do you see spiral Harrison punch? And the bone is also not standard NYKC bone.

Thank you my friend!

I know what you mean about the classic NYK Bone - but those variants are out there.

There are the two versions of the Harrison Punch, if I am not mistaken the Spiral was the original Punch to have come out before the non-spiraled version - I could be mistaken and that annoys me as I do remember knowing the answer to this immediately but so many things have been happening , hence the fact I am at this moment trying to figure out a "study" timetable for myself on Sears and on Harness Jack Knives because so many questions exist. ( I think its called focus and will power to set aside such needed time).

Here is the original patent to that exquisite Punch that we love so much.

VBkfsi4.png

The celluloid began to deteriorate a long time ago - it began to crumble, and a few days ago the surface suddenly became soft and sticky. I read the internet and only found out yesterday that the released substances could ruin nearby things, lol. I removed the linings and saw that there was a crack in the liner and most likely it was from the factory, the assumption is that when the nickel silver pin was driven in, the liner could not stand it. But the knife has served for about 30 years, if not more. The action is very smooth
hjCClWO.jpg

vNMAyGR.jpg

jxS6lkY.jpg

K7Dy4pN.jpg

In 2006 and 2007, I constructed and published a website dedicated to the collecting of Robeson Cutlery Company knives.
I utilized my own knives and also photos that I gathered on the internet, such as Ebay auctions.

The company that hosted the website inadvertently deleted all the data a few years ago and I never acquired the energy to redo it.

It can, however, be accessed via The Way Back Machine internet archive program.

I'm going to post a link here.

Bare in mind that I no longer own all the knives, as they've been to sold to others, some of which are members here.

This is for information and reference purposes only, not a "Look at me" kind of thing.

This is a photo heavy site and is most easily navigated with a PC. I'm not sure a smartphone will work correctly, as on mine,
the captions under the photos are out of place. Possibly, a phone with a larger screen will perform better.

Explore at your leisure. I still do.

Thank you for this Charlie, The amount of work this must have taken is huge to say the least, and we all will do nothing but gain from your hard work!

Thank you very much!

I put this on my Fovourites bar!

Back