Old Timer 840T does exist

This would not be the first time someone misread a tang mark number of an Old Timer, reported it but failed to provide a picture for us to see. I am still looking for a 1520 T.
Codger, how are you OLD MATE.
I often make mistakes, and try to admit I'm wrong as soon as I can.:foot:
Some people make mistakes, and never try to come back - and say I have misread something.
I have always thought, I'm 50% right - until someone can convince me any different... Ken

I's hard to find something on this forum that has not been talked about before.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...s-an-840-T-Please-help?highlight=schrade+84OT:yawn:

Last edited:
This would not be the first time someone misread a tang mark number of an Old Timer, reported it but failed to provide a picture for us to see. I am still looking for a 1520 T.
I have seen the very early 1940 T selling on eBay, it sounds like a car.
This is one of my 1984 Schrade 194OTs, Like you I'm still looking for that older 1940 Schrade... Ken
image.php

Codger, how are you OLD MATE.
I often make mistakes, and try to admit I'm wrong as soon as I can.:foot:
Some people make mistakes, and never try to come back - and say I have misread something.
I have always thought, I'm 50% right - until someone can convince me any different... Ken

I's hard to find something on this forum that has not been talked about before.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...s-an-840-T-Please-help?highlight=schrade+84OT:yawn:

Don't keep count. It doesn't matter. It is just a byproduct of looking for answers. If no one asks the questions, no one looks for answers.

Fidget... What was edited? The 84OT is probably like a coin when the die on the stamp got filled, but there was no such pattern made as an 84OT. Probably it is a 34OT with a stamping error. It did not say 84OT on the packaging did it? Same knife as a 34OT right? 3 blade stockman 3 1/4" close length.
I am holding an 840T in my hand as I type this. It has 2 blades. Why does everyone say it doesn't exist

"I am holding an 840T in my hand"
No show after a month has past - These 84 "0"Ts are hard to find, and much harder to show.

Last edited:
It looks like we will have to post a million dollar reward, DEAD or ALIVE to see a Schrade 84 OT.

In 2011 Grant Dunn posted a thread asking if the Old Timer 840T is for real, or not... I actually own one. Bought it around 1990.
I have examined the imprinted numbers very carefully (though not needed because they are obvious), and it is definitely an 840T.

I am no collector, and have no knowledge about pocket knives, but I have great eye site and know an 8 from a 3.
I have since done a little research and the 840T does resemble the 340T in style.

That is all I can say. but know that I AM SURE OF THE NUMBER 840T on the blade of my Schrade Old Timer Pocket Knife.
I have a clear pic and will send through an email.
I finally took a picture of my "84OT" after seeing this post quite while back. When I blew it up, sure enough the "8" became a "3"!

Back