Our "Front Porch" ....

Yes. I answered before I read your last paragraph... Rib eye. Just get one marbled not fatty.
Jerk chicken was Amazing!

Ribeye all the way, all the time.

I've found that if you really pay attention to the dispersion of the marbling throughout the meat vs. that one inevitable fat vein, you get the finest grilled steak.

Gas vs. charcoal: Now that is a debate worthy of this front porch! (Real wood BBQers do not qualify to participate.)

Yup......the Ribeye is usually the "go to" steak......I enjoy them and find them quite delicious.......mmmmmmmmm steak........

I usually go with gas.....but I have a buddy that uses either charcoal or wood.....depends what he has.......he doesn't like gas.......

I'm OK with any method so long as the steak is rare - med-rare.......

Stinky aged ribeye, just warm in the middle (rare) for me!
I prefer the flavor of a wood charcoal grill...but won't turn down a steak on any grill.

My Dad was (and I am now) a charcoal purest. (I do have and use a gas grill only when we have the most severe rain/snow).

He used a handmade metal tube chimney (he was a machinist, and this was the 1950s) to light the charcoal, using only 1 1/2 sheets of newspaper as kindling. No lighter fluid permitted. (He'd have cringed at the pre-soaked briquettes available today.)

Now those chimney's are commercially available.

Call it mind over matter, but when I'm a guest at a griller's home, if he/she uses lighter fluid to ignite the charcoal, I swear I can detect petroleum taste in the food.

You probably can. I Agree whole heartedly if you're going to do it there is only one way and chances are it was learned from a guy with some gray hair.
Your Dad sounds like a neat guy.

I can smell the lighter fluid during the cooking and if too much is used it can certainly be tasted.

Rich Hinderer Knives - Users and Collectors on Facebook have the opportunity to score an item like this today:

10999007_987180624625504_7627291948029464739_n.jpg

(picture courtesy of Rob Orlando)

XM-18 3.5" Spearpoint - Black Micarta Scale - Working Finish titanium parts as well as the steel hardware, and it has bronze ti handle screws, pivot screw, LBS, and Standoffs

^^^^^ Haha, I love the influence RDA! :thumbup: ;)

And the cherry on top....... :p :D

Words and pictures from the man himself (Mr. Rob).

"Crazy talk......."

10561717_987208937956006_1066517796892512824_n_zpshykre4mq.jpg

Since I "think" I've seen a few Steel Flame pieces on your cutlery....... I thought you might of liked to know about this (Mr. Rubi)!!! :thumbup: :)

Courtesy of our very own, Mr. Rob.

"Derrick Obatake from Steel Flame just sent me a teaser pic of a new stamped filler tab concept, check it out! Copper, Brass, Titanium, Sterling Silver possibly too......Stamped clips titanium clips are in work too!"

10983132_989606207716279_4414515023245797222_n_zpsiyfjp85i.jpg

today i can play along with the recent steak theme:

some dry aged steaks and some ingredients for an italian pasta salad...

Ok. I called the Airlines if you can hold off maybe 23 hours or so and PM me an address....... I'll sing for my dinner:)

Ok. I called the Airlines if you can hold off maybe 23 hours or so and PM me an address....... I'll sing for my dinner:)

i am too hungry to hold off so long :D - but should you ever visit austria we will gladly have you for dinner! :thumbup:

Back