Our "Front Porch" ....

Audio Research M120 Tube Mono-Blocks running thru a Audio Research Ref1 Levinson Transport and D/A converter with a
Tice Current purifier, ALL Kimber Select Cable and depending " Genesis 5's, Genesis 300/350's with their own servo controlled class A amps, Martin-Logan's

Maybe a little 18 year old Glen Livet ......

Those were some Fun evenings ;)

Sweeeeet system. For me, a glass of cab, Miles Davis Kind of Blue on the turntable (Well Tempered Classic w/ Cartridgeman Music Maker III) via Cardas Neutral Ref Phono IC to a Nova Phonomena phono section - Shunyata Aries ICs - to an Almarro a318B SET (9 watt 6C33C tubes (like LAMMs)) running via Virtual Dynamics Master's series cables to completely modified tweaked out Klispch Forte IIs (99 db sensitivity).

hero_glow by GermoneGold, on Flickr

Hey, that cars faulty - the steering wheel's on the wrong side.

LOL, I see why you got the tickets - NO PARKING

LOL!!! Excellent powers of observation! I like the sign behind LDB's head too!!!!

Too many years of gunfire in the military left my hearing impaired. So that gorgeous system would be wasted on me. About the only song I can enjoy has a strong bass and beat: In A Gadda Da Vida.

This porch Rocks! And Fast!

Had to...music and performance cars.

I avoid sharing stuff that I consider a bit personal in an open forum. But I too enjoy the hobbies mentioned. Not so many cars around these days, couple motorcycles though.

My porch 911 is long gone, sold on the Rennlist (porsche) forum. But I hear you about personal stuff, never know who is lurking. Our Hinderer area is less likely to attract evil-doers, IMO. They probably lurk on the under $40 super-tactical forum.

This porch Rocks! And Fast!

Had to...music and performance cars.

I avoid sharing stuff that I consider a bit personal in an open forum. But I too enjoy the hobbies mentioned. Not so many cars around these days, couple motorcycles though.

I read that you sold it in your earlier post.

As for the comment on "evil-dooers"... I'll remain slient on that topic. It's too easy to offend someone or be taken out of context.

I can't help with the audio department, but Cubans and whiskey, i can fill that void. Got some on reserve for ya RubiconSS.
20130109_191418_zpsdb859f03.jpg

Maybe a little 18 year old Glen Livet ......

oooh! That calls for a trip to the liquor store and a listening session tonight!!!!

oooh! That calls for a trip to the liquor store and a listening session tonight!!!!

Let me guess: Turn the system on so the tubes warm up and the current stabilizes maybe wait until after hours (heavy industry shuts down) the AC is cleaner and the music sounds sweeter..... am I close?;)

Let me guess: Turn the system on so the tubes warm up and the current stabilizes maybe wait until after hours (heavy industry shuts down) the AC is cleaner and the music sounds sweeter..... am I close?;)

You haven't missed a step Rubi. Amp goes on at 8 when the kids head up to bed. Once they're asleep and the wife and I have cleaned up, caught up, settled down we pop a bottle of wine and settle down for some music and relaxation. I usually catch up on news or browse the forums on my iPad and she crochets... System definitely sounds better after 10pm and really get's cookin' at around midnight!!!

I wish I could find some Kalglo Mini II Transient Voltage Surge Protectors (Current Purifiers) I deleted the link (can't break the rules even though it has nothing to do with knives)

They were the most amazing little device and on tube equipment - was a Must.
It was a transient voltage suppressor that had a current purification consequence like nothing I had ever heard (or didn't hear as the case was) Hand-Made and worth every nickel.
I have a couple still for my equipment (wish I had extras)
They weren't particularly expensive in a Hobby that knows no bounds, had my share of Tice current purifiers and even went so far as to have a dedicated line run to my Audio Room but what was upstream still tainted things.
The Kalglo was amazing, I think they are a distant memory as has gone the hobby for many.

I wish I could find some Kalglo Mini II Transient Voltage Surge Protectors (Current Purifiers) I deleted the link (can't break the rules even though it has nothing to do with knives)

They were the most amazing little device and on tube equipment - was a Must.
It was a transient voltage suppressor that had a current purification consequence like nothing I had ever heard (or didn't hear as the case was) Hand-Made and worth every nickel.
I have a couple still for my equipment (wish I had extras)
They weren't particularly expensive in a Hobby that knows no bounds, had my share of Tice current purifiers and even went so far as to have a dedicated line run to my Audio Room but what was upstream still tainted things.
The Kalglo was amazing, I think they are a distant memory as has gone the hobby for many.

Interesting! I'll have to research them. Off to Audiogon! I use a Blue Circle power purifier. Some kind of passive . Used to have a PS Audio power regenerator but felt like it robbed the dynamics. I've always wished for a direct line to my music room but at least it's very near the fuse box and not on a shared circuit with the kitchen or any large appliances for that matter! Plus this house is only 10 years old so the power lines are good (I think)!

Last edited:
Back