Our "Front Porch" ....

yo-yo ma and hinderers....this has become my favorite thread :eek:

the cigar/whiskey lounge i work at, we're trying to have about 4 days of live music. Latin, Jazz, flamenco. Couple short vids i took, maybe you'd enjoy. cheers
[video=youtube_share;cMc5X1KdbuU]http://youtu.be/cMc5X1KdbuU[/video]

[video=youtube_share;YeIdag6LSJE]http://youtu.be/YeIdag6LSJE[/video]

Favorite thread---I understand. Rubi's started a winner here for sure.

You guys have posted some very valuable information recently. My musical passion is no match / doesnt compare to the strong feelings I see coming out here. Heck, I cannot even choose a favorite genre, artist, or song.

First time ever ........ kicked my Levinson Amps thermal protection circuitry.... Mid King Crimson

Boom. Nothin. Flashing lights. Wow

I do believe some 5.1 of the Talking Heads Concert DVD is in the offing this evening :D

I hear that the new Led Zeppelin DVD, "Celebration Day", of their December, 2007 concert with Bonham's son on drums is a pretty impressive audio experience. Gotta get that one soon. It'll probably be it for them. The sound engineering has come a long way since their prior stuff. I used to play a bunch of that in the mid '70s while taking a "time out" to play bass full time in a bar band. Special / great rock composition.
B.

Thanks for the link Mapster. Quite an honour for them.
Just to extend the theme of Great sound on DVD, "Jeff Beck - live at Ronnie Scott's" is another but on a jazz fusion tilt. Friends Jeff & Jimmy Page go back a long way in music, & Eric Clapton also (guest on the DVD). Tal Wickenfeld (a young woman) plays bass with Jeff. One of today's great bassists - in rhythm section with drummer Vinny Colaiuta, arguably the best drummer in the business. This is a VERY special music event.(if you're into that music) It's usually on sale so.... (BTW-the youtube full concert sound is not good at all)

Another great sounding DVD is called "The Strat Pack". This was a concert in England a number of years ago to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Fender Stratocaster electric guitar. There was a "house band" with Pino Palladino on bass, (he played with The Who on tour when John Entwistle passed & is one of the best) to play with all the guest artists. The best house band I ever heard & it's another keeper, covering the whole period of Rock & Roll with some of the world famous guitarists playing Strats.(even Buddy Holly's band member's from the start of R&R.) Google it. Enjoy your music.
B.

Last edited:
I'm a huge fan of Tal after seeing her playing with Jeff at the Eric Clapton Crossroads Concert DVD. As a fellow bass player she blew me away. I've watched every possible YouTube video with her in it and I also have the live at Ronnie Scott's DVD. I'm a huge fan of Jeff Beck as well!!!!

Thanks for the recommendation on the Strat Pack! That's my axe!

Home audio enthusiast, bass player, knife lover? We have at least 3 things in common! Add motorcycles, bicycles, guns, and computers, which about rounds out my interests.
Fun thread, I'll be contributing more when I am off my phone and on my real computer.

BikerTrash,
While I don't currently own a bike (sold my Ducati over the summer) I suspect we have much more in common than all the things you listed!!!! Here's a curveball - ever tried fish tanks?

김원진;11713823 said:
yo-yo ma and hinderers....this has become my favorite thread :eek:

the cigar/whiskey lounge i work at, we're trying to have about 4 days of live music. Latin, Jazz, flamenco. Couple short vids i took, maybe you'd enjoy. cheers

Nice Vids! Looks like a great place to work!!!!

BikerTrash,
While I don't currently own a bike (sold my Ducati over the summer) I suspect we have much more in common than all the things you listed!!!! Here's a curveball - ever tried fish tanks?

I own 2 bikes, but can't ride anymore because of an injury. I kept fist years ago, and even still have one of the aquariums in my spare bedroom.

Home audio enthusiast, bass player, knife lover? We have at least 3 things in common! Add motorcycles, bicycles, guns, and computers, which about rounds out my interests.
Fun thread, I'll be contributing more when I am off my phone and on my real computer.

Similar interests here, except guns. Don't have them anymore.

Back