Pacific Crest Trail thru-hike this summer

Thanks for the great ongoing journey:)
Holly and I anxiously check here every day. Beautiful pics.

Mark and Holly:)

just checking in, did you need me to still get you at bridge of the gods trail head near portland. I will be ready for a call.

just checking in, did you need me to still get you at bridge of the gods trail head near portland. I will be ready for a call.

BOOMSTICK,

I'm right across the creek in Stevenson; happy to lend a hand...!!

tradja,

Will pm contact info.

Hey Boomstick and 8! At this point, my best guess for BotG is 9/2 or 9/3. We're out of the major snow and should start to make up time in NorCal. It would be great to get together when we get up there, especially if we can access a shower! :D
. Hi guys! We just got to Sisters, OR. We will be in Cascade Locks just after lunchtime on 9/3. I'm on wifi with the iPod right now, but should have access to a real computer and phone later today. River-8, I have your number and will give you a call. It would be great to get together!

. Hi guys! We just got to Sisters, OR. We will be in Cascade Locks just after lunchtime on 9/3. I'm on wifi with the iPod right now, but should have access to a real computer and phone later today. River-8, I have your number and will give you a call. It would be great to get together!

I would be happy to make the drive to hang out with you all. I have that Siegle SAR4 waiting for you.

River-8, give me a shout, let me know when and were.

I would be happy to make the drive to hang out with you all. I have that Siegle SAR4 waiting for you.

River-8, give me a shout, let me know when and were.

Sounds great! I'll coordinate with River-8 and he can coordinate with you guys. Looking forward to it.

OK, this town stop really flew by and our ride back to the trail is leaving. Unfortunately I will not have time to do an update until later on (Cascade Locks?). Left a voicemail for River-8 about getting together with Snakedoc and Boomstick on 9/3 in Cascade Locks.

The things some people will go through to see Canada! ;)
This is probably one of the coolest threads I have seen on here. :)

... Left a voicemail for River-8 about getting together with Snakedoc and Boomstick on 9/3 in Cascade Locks.

Got the voice mail; sorry I missed your call...
Plan to be at the rest stop on the south end of Bridge of the Gods by Noon on Friday, the 3rd. Its inside the looped approach road to the BOG (see bottom of map).

**removed to save space**

Can't miss my ugly black Ford Ranger :eek: !!

Looking forward to it!!

Last edited:
Got the voice mail; sorry I missed your call...
Plan to be at the rest stop on the south end of Bridge of the Gods by Noon on Friday, the 3rd. Its inside the looped approach road to the BOG (see bottom of map).
CLmap.gif

Can't miss my ugly black Ford Ranger :eek: !!

Looking forward to it!!

Copy that, 8! We are at Timberline Lodge right now, well on schedule for the noon meet on Friday! You can't miss Swipe and I. With this storm, we'll probably still be the soggy drowned rats in our rainsuits. See you then!

Also, Snakedoc and Boomstick, will we see you at noon on Friday? The more the merrier!

It was great meeting you all today. I had a good time talking with you guys. Enjoy the rest of your journey!

I am truly envious. :thumbup:

Great visit by a charming couple - Very good to meet you two!!
They came over to grab a couple of showers, and hang out in the yard for a bit.

Tradja1.jpg

Good to meet BOOMSTICK, and hang out again with SnakeDoc and 360joules.
Even got to fondle Tradja's "Washington" Knife:

Tradja2.jpg

Oh and; there were a few other knives there... Tradja's turn to fondle:

Tradja3.jpg

Couldn't help but notice my Howling Rat seems to have stowed away; hope it serves you well!

Wish the visit could have been longer, and look forward to meeting up with you good folks again!
Kathleen and I wish you the best of luck, and a Great, GREAT rest of the Hike!!

Gotta agree with 360joules: "... truly envious."

Cheers,

sweet!

Hey, what do you need all those knives for? You aren't some dangerous crazy person, are you?

:D :D

... You aren't some dangerous crazy person, are you?

:D :D

Methinks mayhaps to answer your question may require a deeper understanding of just exactly what one means by "dangerous" and "crazy" in this context... :eek:

Not to put too fine a point on it, but those were not all my knives (just sayin').

Truly amazing work on the "Washington" Knife BTW; nicely done :thumbup: !!

Now back to your regularly scheduled broadcast.

it was a great time meeting you tradja and swipe. also snakedoc, 360jewels, and special thanks to river8 and Kathleen for hosting us. lots of fun hanging out and throwing the axe.

that is cool you folks all got to meet up...:thumbup: looking forward to more pics..:) safe travels John and Jess...

Agh! I was looking for more pics, and all I get is a bunch of hillbillies gloating and rubbing it in, how they got to hang out with Mr. and Mrs. Tradja. :rolleyes:
And only one of them bothers to post pics...

Jeez, what is this thread coming too?

Well, glad you guys had fun anyways, hope the rest of your trip goes well, and as always, I'm anxiously awaiting for new pics and updates.:thumbup:
What did somebody say earlier about vicariously???

Back