Pain means I'm still alive - thanks for the well wishes

Doesn't it suck to be hit by a truck? Snapped my right femur, fibula, and hip in 2 places. Thank god for my safety gear or it would have been much worse.

Was a Honda VF1000 Intercepter, these days it's a Grand Cherokee.

Ride safe.

jmx

Spark,

Glad your injuries are not worse. :) Get well soon!

FWIW, have a friend who's a Honda dealer and used to race locally. He broke his leg not during a race, but when he was going 35mph on a nice day to get milk for his son.

What knives were you carrying? Didn't you get them with the good karma option? :)

Alan

Good to hear you are OK after your highside. Always sucks to hear about a fellow rider going down. If you were not planning on it already, get a new helmet. It may look OK on the outside, but structurally it is not 100% if it needs to save your face again.

Kevin,

What you described is exactly why I like to have 4 wheels under me!. You have more balls that I do, as I'll never ride a crotch-rocket...Too much hazzard from the pavement!.:eek:.

It IS good to see that you ARE still alive, 'tho!.:).

The bike is an easy fix, its good to know that your overall O.K I broke my collar bone in 87' I NEVER get on without full Vansons helmet gloves and boots. They say green is a bad luck color for a bike my 97' TL1000s is green, knock on wood this is my other toy I ride a 00' Confederate GT and my wife rides a 00' Hellcat
sweet-2.jpg

if you ever get a chance stop by hellcatalley.com and they can get you on a demo, take care ride safe and best wishes
Sweet

I've had 3 bikes in my life and love to ride. I miss it a lot.

This past summer I lost a good friend who was riding and was hit by a woman driving in the wrong lane around a curve. They weren't going fast but the way my friend landed ended his life.

Heal fast and be careful when you get back in the saddle.

S.

Spark,

Glad to hear that your injuries aren't any worse than they are. You are wise in the thought of not feeling stupid or silly to wear the helmet. It only takes one time to do some serious damage. Hope you get over this real soon.

Howdy Spark,
Glad you're OK- I had a cousin who took a header up in the mountains on a beautiful clear day- his last ride. Bikes bug me a little now. Heal fast.

Originally posted by one2gofst
If you were not planning on it already, get a new helmet. It may look OK on the outside, but structurally it is not 100% if it needs to save your face again.

very true! get a new helmet - sepnd as much money as your head is worth to you...

Just a suggestion: put copper bracelets on those sprained wrists. There is pretty good evidence they help sprains heal, due to copper absorbed through the skin. Rodeo cowboys don't wear them just for style; they get joint injuries a lot more often than us bikers and they know what works.

Spark, REALLY GLAD YOU'RE OK. A 'cycle crash can be
very bad news as you know. I wish you could talk to the bikernuts
here in Illinois about helmets. I see so many with cheap pair of sunglasses
a pair of pants and hair blowing in the wind. Shades of easy rider.......

I rode for years until my artiritis made me quit and I didn't punch the start
button until my full face helmet was secure.

How did I miss this!! Spark knows how to take a fall guys ,he's been there before (insert inside info here)...lol...Glad to hear your ok..

High side...face plant...openface helmet. Got the new teeth to prove it.

Get a full face helmet guys.

Once, when I was 19, I spent the day polishing my '68 XLCH -- Santee hardtail frame, long chrome springer, custom paint. Sweet bike. Went over every little bit, even ArmorAll'd the tires. Looked absolutely beautiful.

Rode it around a little that day, but it probably wasn't until the next day, went around a 90-degree corner at like 5mph, and it just slid right out from underneath me! Luckily the highway peg caught in the asphalt and it just went around in a circle before I walked over and picked it back up. Basically not a scratch on it!

Lucky or what?!?!

Some years later I was hit by a car -- totalled the bike, but I walked away without a scratch on that one too -- sore as hell from the impact though!

Mike

Back