• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Parks #50 Quench Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 3 shipped out today, I sent a group email to those concerned with UPS tracking numbers.

I ordered Round 4, which should ship out in about 1 week.

I can do 5-gal pails of the AAA for $95.

thanks for the tracking number patrick....just gotta say anyone on the fence-do not hesitate....patrick has been quick to update me and was very professional with all his emails....thumbs up for patrick:thumbup:......ryan

Patrick, I'd be interested in 5gal of AAA. It will keep my 50 company and make my 5160 very happy. -Doug

Patrick,

I'm interested in one 5 gal pail each of park's 50 and AAA. I'll email you for details and to finalize.

--nathan

Update - PayPal fees are adding up, so I've got to impose a $5 PayPal fee. The price I gave for the AAA includes the fee, the price I've been asking for the #50 does not, so here are new prices for any future orders:

Parks 50: $100 (check or MO), $105 (PayPal)

AAA: $90 (check or MO), $95 (PayPal)

If you by any chance have a UPS account through which I can bill the shipping to, the fee would be $3 instead of $5.

Patrick, are you going to Ashokan?? I'd pick up a pail of AAA there if you're attending.

Yes, I'll be there, but I'm doing the quench oils in advance (i.e. I'm not buying and stocking it), and I already placed an order (round 4) this week. So I won't have any to bring.

In fact, I would like to get to a point where I'm bringing it in once a month, which would make Oct 1st the next cut-off point (round 5) - ideally

Ok, thought maybe I could save some $$ on shipping. Maybe I can get in on the next order, see how the cash is after Ashokan.

See ya there!!! :cool:

After having used the Parks #50 for the past month or two, I have to say Man, what a difference!
I've used ATF for many years and thought it was giving me good results with 1084. Now I see that I was w...wr...wro...wron....wrong---man that's hard to say, but I guess there's a first time for everything!:D:jerkit::D

Now, I guess I better order some AAA............Patriqq, email inbound.

-Mike-

Payment sent for some AAA, Patrick. Look forward to using this. I'll have to wait a bit on the Park's 50 though I'd love to have some.

--nathan

Patrick,

I have to say THANK YOU again, and apologize as well. I initiated round two, which led to interest in a round three... I have to say you are very generous of your time to help out everyone who does not have a source for this good quench oil.

I hope you still have enough time left to continue with your shuriken making and spend some time with your loved ones.

Mike

Thanks Mike - and thanks everyone; I still juggle the family and the throwers (and the day job) the best I can. I certainly didn't expect this to blow up the way it did.

UPDATE: I thought this was starting to fizzle out, but the prospect of the AAA has got everyone fired-up again.

Until things fizzle out again, I'll do the rounds every three weeks (as opposed to once per month as stated earlier). So here are the cut-off dates (these are the dates that I need to receive payment by; i.e. the dates that I will place the order with Heatbath. Ship-out date will be about a week after that).

Round 5: Sept 22 '08
Round 6: Oct 13 '08
Round 7: Nov 3 '08
Round 8: Nov 24 '08

To repeat past info, here are the prices:

Parks #50: $100 (check/MO), $105 (PayPal)
Parks AAA: $90 (check/MO), $95 (PayPal)

shipping via UPS ground. To calculate shipping on your own, go to:

UPS.com
-> shipping (top left, right under UPS logo)
-> calculate time and cost (drop down menu)

then, fill out the form:

select Quick Time and Cost (Package)
enter 19118 as the "ship from" zip
enter your zip as the "ship to" zip
enter your address type: residential or commercial
enter 45 lbs as the package weight
click "next"

a list of services/prices appears. You want UPS Ground, which should be at the bottom.

If you get an error message (which happens), go back and change the shipping date, and try again.

Email me at info@flyingsteel.com to order, include full name, phone, email, and address. Please put "Parks Round X" in the subject of the email. If your PayPal account is a different name/email address, let me know in the PayPal comment or subject field.

Patrick, I got my Parks 50 yesterday. I echo a previous post-- Patrick is excellent to deal with and wastes no time shipping. I appreciate it, Tad Lynch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back