Photos! Post your CPK photos here!

Ivan, what kind of treatment did you give to those scales? They go perfectly with that cerakote finish, looks outstanding.

Bob

Sorry Bob, that's just a filter. I'll edit the post to avoid the confusion.

Here is the original:

ICgcOX4.jpg

Hell, you shoulda left it with the filter and not answered any questions, drive us all crazy,lol

Bob, don't you mean second from top?

In the above image, the Westinghouse micarta is the top FK. The antique micarta is the second FK.

You can see it along with the other Westinghouse pieces in the group Westinghouse image below. All were handled by Nathan with Westinghouse micarta handles, one at a time over about a two year period, so some minor color change/darkening has occurred that cause them to look a bit different from each other.

The RLC and the EDC were done closest together, so their colors are more consistent to each other, but have darkened somewhat since.

large.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the detailed and pictorial explanation. Clearly I don't know the antique micarta from the Westinghouse micarta from my own whatever!

Thank you for the detailed and pictorial explanation. Clearly I don't know the antique micarta from the Westinghouse micarta from my own whatever!

Nathan always says that unless it's marked "Westinghouse" on the material, he'll only call it antique - and that in his opinion, lots of the stuff that's "antique micarta" very well may be Westinghouse, but it just doesn't carry the proof. Personally, I like that antique dark brown edge cut micarta the very, very best - it's simply the most beautiful, at least to my eye.

But Nathan's the expert, so I go with what he says, of course. On a sidenote, Nathan used the material from the core of the drop so as to provide color consistency in the dagger's handle material. It's really beautiful, and it's hard to reconcile liking the dark brown antique on the FK so much, when I hold that gorgeous dagger with Westinghouse.

This thread is a pretty good place to see CPKs @ work and I have made far too few contributions here.

CPK Vegetable knife can slaughter more than a Potato. :35 seconds from start to diced, I know it's not crazy fast, but this thing is sharp as hell, and I only race for points or money.

stQ9Idg.jpg

Whoops. In my hasty attempt at humor I misread your post. I thought you said you diced up that tater that isn't a tater in :35.

Now I feel like a bit silly.

Back