Picture thread

That is a heck of a deal. I'd have bought it also.

STR

Here's a Spyderco C25 that Steve rebuilt into a micarta and titaium framelock with low ride clip. A great working knife. :thumbup:

Congrats on the new forum!

Here is a quick shot of the Ricochet Ti Framelock conversion. STR blanked out the handles, cut and adjusted the lock, etc. I basically had to finish off the handles, get them even and finish. I still haven't found my pocket clip yet; I have one from my old EDI Genesis that I want to use, forgot where I put it :( . I beveled the corners of the handles, and anodized it quickly with a torch to get a few pics. When I find the clip, I will drill and tap the Ti, and then smooth out the handles a tad more. Just wanted to get a quick pic up of what it will look like! The lock is VERY solid, I can't get any play anywhere! Definetly a huge change from how it was from the factory!

Can't wait to get this one fully finished!

Looking good my friend. Looking forward to seeing it later once its all done too!

STR

Thanks! It's hard to take a pic of the blue color, its the color you get when you heat it past purple, but before the pale green. Wild color! I will try to get some better pics tomorrow in the sun.

Usually a light bronze, then dark, then purple, then blue they green then yellow, like that. I doubt you will be able to get into the green or yellow using a torch though maybe into the green blue or teal range if you are lucky I guess.

When anodizing with a dc machine or 9 volt batteries in series it goes 12 volts light bronze, 15 volts dark bronze, 18 volts purple, 20v royal blue, 25.5v blue jean blue, 28v sky blue, and so on.

STR

I love that 25V electric blue! A friend makes folders and anodizes TI and showed me the different colors and i fell in love with that color. Mine is a touch of purple and a deep blue. It's hard to get pics of it!

Using a MAPP torch, I have gotten the pale green! I took some scraps and just played with the anodizing with the torch colors.

that's one Sweet Centofante jujigatame.... :cool:
Here' some more Jess Horn love with lignumvitae .... :D
strjesshorn009.jpg

strjesshorn006.jpg

strjesshorn024.jpg

strjesshorn031.jpg

strjesshorn038.jpg

strjesshorn042.jpg

Wow! Thanks for adding all the great pics. Sorry I'm late getting in a comment on that also.

Not to take away from them at all but the close ups seem to show that one screw on the lockbar pivot looks like it needs tightened back down some. Just FYI.

STR

Wow! Thanks for adding all the great pics. Sorry I'm late getting in a comment on that also.

Not to take away from them at all but the close ups seem to show that one screw on the lockbar pivot looks like it needs tightened back down some. Just FYI.

STR
your welcome and thanks for the FYI, Steve....I already took care of it... ;) :)

I bought the S1 "blank" and mailed it to STR for some lignum goodness about a year ago....great knife, made better imho, thanks again Steve :thumbup:

pocketkukri035pq1.jpg

pocketkukri023is5.jpg

pocketkukri036lc8.jpg

pocketkukri007qb1.jpg

pocketkukri026yy1.jpg

Thanks Brian. Glad you are happy with them.

I think the Navigator was like 1.6 ounces.

I forget the Lava but just a bit heavier like 1.8 or 9 but still light weight.

STR

You are noticing the same thing I saw in that its kind of hard to capture that true burgundy color to bring it out in pictures. You finally started to catch it in that second to last picture there.

I left those a bit chunky for rigidity and it worked out quite well.

One day I need to do up a Lava of my very own for myself.

Not sure what color I'll pick for mine though.

Probably left overs since I usually end up with the ones no one buys or wants much of. Goes with the territory. I can't even carry one of my good folders because I always sell it off so I carry a second that I wouldn't feel right about selling. ;)

Enjoy. They sure look good when someone else takes the pics. Thanks for sharing.

STR

Sure thing STR.... I gave both knives a mineral oil rubdown which is why there appears to be "wet spots" around the screwheads..... Love the "chunky" 3mm handles, thanks again Steve :thumbup:

Would a titanium frame lock modification on a dejavoo be very hard and expensive? I really like the design of the handles and wished that I could keep the original contour and shape just make the whole locking side out of thick titanium and bead blast it after machining.Thanks
-Barry-

Back