Podcast centered around slip joint making/traditional knife history - The Catch Bit Show

As per usual Glenn did a stellar job on that Joseph Rodgers Charlie- What gorgeous Stag Glenn has managed to gather, he used the same beautiful Stag on my Eye Witness, There seems to be a little bit of Sheffield getting dressed up by our very own glennbad glennbad

Thanks, Steve, danno50, Duncan, JTB_5, Lithicus, Glenn, RickHuf, mrknife, and Charlie for posting so many great knives.
Glenn, I'm always late to the party. :) And beautiful job on that stag re-handle on Charlie's Joseph Rodgers knife.
Another group of neat knives are coming out for the next podcast and I promise to post pictures sooner after that one.

Another group of neat knives are coming out for the next podcast and I promise to post pictures sooner after that one.
Since the Podcast is due out tomorrow, and I won't be here until late in the day, I will put up these knives, and let them be a mystery until Friday, May 3rd!!!
Hope you all enjoy them, and have as much fun as I did!! It is great to"meet up" with Neal and Mike!!!
For the Catch Bit Show on May 3rd:
Edited to add: Rhidian's Box and Label are made by Rhidian - a talented Graphic designer!!
The first knife is his "Castrator" - Sheep's Last Dip, modeled after the Lockwood Brother's antique directly below it!!
Next is Evan Nicolaides' "Ettrick" influenced by the Joseph Rodgers below it!!!

Second Picture: WWI Sailor's knives, with manicure files, by Ken Erickson!!
Then Feather Damascus-Mammoth jack by Bruce Bump!!! Self-forged!!!
Last is a Rope-Filed Trapper by Bill Ruple!!!
The Rope-Filed Backspring stands proud of the knife!!!
Enjoy!!!
May Pod 1.jpgMay Pod 2.jpg

Last edited:
nn8t910.jpg

Have Popcorn, just watching the clock now!!! Thank you Charlie for becoming a regular on this great Podcast!!!!! :D

Oh boy- there's a line up of great Knives there!

Since the Podcast is due out tomorrow, and I won't be here until late in the day, I will put up these knives, and let them be a mystery until Friday, May 3rd!!!
Hope you all enjoy them, and have as much fun as I did!! It is great to"meet up" with Neal and Mike!!!
For the Catch Bit Show on May 3rd:View attachment 2563778View attachment 2563779
Nice, Charlie! Thanks for posting these beauties!
The podcast is definitely on my todo list today!
tcop28j.jpg

Charlie, beautiful group of knives by some fantastic makers.
Duncan, thanks, and it's always a pleasure to have Charlie on.
Gary, thanks for listening and the nice plug. The show is both entertaining and a good background noise for an afternoon nap. :)
MarbReds, thanks for tuning in.

Enclosed is my group of knives from the last podcast with Charlie.
From left to right are, Steigerwalt, Lloyd, Davidson, Moran, and Ritchie.
All wonderful knives by great makers.

BF Catch Bit Show 5 Fav 2 .jpg

Just Finished listening!
Guys you should do this a lot more - I am referring to Charlie, Mike and Neal. What a awesome flow of discussion, it really is warming to hear my friends chatting away and in that relaxed chat there's one heck of a lot of Knowledge being shared with us lucky listeners.

I see what you mean Charlie when you said to Neal that that Dagger could be an Art Knife- Oh Wow! that's beautiful, Charlie That Ruple I still remember being so very nervous when holding that Knife and I can still hear you talking to me about the amazing Spine Work- That one there is also a work of Art for sure my friend - simply gorgeous.
Amazing Knives Neal! Mike and Jason's Knives look spectacular!

I heard Charlie mention he should write - Charlie I am sure there is MUCH for you to to pen. If you haven't thought of this please do, the audience waiting would be huge. :thumbsup:

I really cannot express just how much I enjoy this Knife Podcast.

Guys- YES! We definitely need Jack Black on there, I am sure Jack could also be a regular visitor as well, the depth of knowledge that Jack carries is immense, and he is such a darned nice guy to as well- so you can't loose.

Hey...... ever thought about 4? Charlie, Jack Neal and Mike? That would be awesome- probably an editing nightmare for Mike though!

Love it!!!

I am sure I speak for the better part of the knife guys when I say Thank you all VERY much for this.

Ok....back to Plastering 😩

Wonderful job on the podcast Charlie, Neal and Mike !! Great stories, interesting insights and outstanding custom knives👍👍 Also enjoyed your review of the recent OKCA show. I was very pleased to be there with you Charlie and Neal— really enjoyed our time together talking vintage knives!

A purveyor of Knife handle materials, had this Stag Point out on his table at the Oregon Show!! I was surprised no-one had grabbed it for the few bucks he had on it!! It is Red Stag, one of the most beautiful Stags, IMO, especially if you like "popcorn"!!!
With it is a rehandled #48 Diamond Jack, also in Red Stag - from New Zealand; harvested by a former BFer over 10 years ago!!!Red NZ rehandle 1.jpgRed NZ Stag DJ 2.jpg

A purveyor of Knife handle materials, had this Stag Point out on his table at the Oregon Show!! I was surprised no-one had grabbed it for the few bucks he had on it!! It is Red Stag, one of the most beautiful Stags, IMO, especially if you like "popcorn"!!!
With it is a rehandled #48 Diamond Jack, also in Red Stag - from New Zealand; harvested by a former BFer over 10 years ago!!!View attachment 2565311View attachment 2565328

nice stag but what happened to the end cap?!

Man!!! I can see why, I hope Fes is doing well, haven't heard from him in a while.

That's a Hunk of Fine Stag right there Charlie, :eek: I would have snatched that up for display and with the earmarking to go on a future Knife or two?

Back