Pop ups about viruses

115Italian

Gold Member
I keep getting pops ups about viruses when clicking on posts or navigating through the site

Hmmm, I don't have any of that at all.

Maybe it's because I don't have ads...

It's probably adware that you picked up from another site, it's a common thing with phones I recommend downloading Avast Cleanup it also hides in your Cache Partition so you need to google how to wipe cache partition (insert phone name) then run avast cleanup after rebooting, on pc I recommend avast cleanup and pulling up your DOS command prompt any typing - ipconfig/flushdns (enter)

i have a paid membership. im not sure if unpaid members get the advertisements, but there is little that can be done about that if they implemented it. maybe spark can define less intrusive ads?

in any case, you as a computer users should be protecting your system with additional software to fight bad advertisements that could be harmful or intrusive.

Only happens on blade forum. Im using an iphone. Not happening on other sites or apps.

I got the same things about the same time as op reported it. Pop up virus threats wanting you to download an app to clean your phone and amazon/google crap.
Only on blade forum and completely wiped out the site for a while.

What browser and platform are you using? Mobile or desktop?

I had the same problem yesterday, I cleared everything and nothing happened. Then this morning it just stopped. This only happened when I went on blade forums for me too

I cleared all data yesterday and still was happening. As of this morning, No problems.

Same thing happening to me the past few days. It's made the site unusable for the last 2 days. I'm using an iPhone too, 6s. And only happening on this site.

*EDIT* to add I tried clearing browser and data as well a day or two ago and it still persists.

they are a phishing scam they may have your apple password if you typed it in manually, you may want to clear all your history, cache and website cookies then change the password. If these ever come up don't click them just back out and close them then clear history & cookies asap. afaik iPhones cannot get viruses unless jailbroken and I'm almost certain it's not the website that's causing this.

they are a phishing scam they may have your apple password if you typed it in manually, you may want to clear all your history, cache and website cookies then change the password. If these ever come up don't click them just back out and close them then clear history & cookies asap. afaik iPhones cannot get viruses unless jailbroken and I'm almost certain it's not the website that's causing this.
Not being argumentative, but if it's happening to quite a few of us and only on this site, how can it not be this site that's causing it? I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this stuff, but it seems like it would have to be the site since it's the common denominator.

Reactions: Mo2
When I've gotten them on my phone they pop up not at every site I visit, don't really know what triggers them if that is even what is causing your problem, I was thinking that it is more likely since only happening to a few so it couldn't be the site and the symptoms sound like what I've experienced, but I could be wrong - have you tried calling Apple's customer service to troubleshoot?

Back