Pop ups about viruses

It's started happening to me also. I'm usually on an iPad, and I've deleted all the website data I couldn't identify--->still pop ups...

I'd guess there's a flaky ad provider in whatever service Bladeforums is using to show ads to non-paying members. Hopefully Spark Spark can track it down.

I do know one solution but it costs 83 cents a month...

So the problem is possibly on either end the ad services as mentioned by thurin thurin could be compromised and have infected advertisements. The other side is your system or your DNS server is compromised and you are being directed to these.

I am having the same issues , using IPad with Safari and Chrome . Tried clearing history multiple times with no effect . Larry

I am getting crushed by these pop ups this morning. On my iPad using safari. Just started happening on this site for me. Thanks

So it looks like it's only happening with mobile users?

I am having the same problems with pop ups also. I am using an iPad/ Safari. Only seems to happen on this site. I've googled the problem and have tried recommended fixes. It goes away for just a short time, then returns. Is anyone moderating this site checking into this. The web address that pops up is ingmatic.com. Hope this helps to resolve the problem. Please advise.

This is squarely in Spark Spark territory. None of the moderation staff has access to fine tune the forum software.

I just finished a chat session with APPLE, and this is what they had to say:

"Alright, then there wouldn’t be anything else we would be able to do as it has to do with the security of the site you are trying to go to. This would be an issue that the site it'self would need to address."

I have NO privileges on this forum because I just have basic membership. Will someone with higher ranks please bring this to Spark Spark attention? Please Help!

I just finished a chat session with APPLE, and this is what they had to say:

"Alright, then there wouldn’t be anything else we would be able to do as it has to do with the security of the site you are trying to go to. This would be an issue that the site it'self would need to address."

I have NO privileges on this forum because I just have basic membership. Will someone with higher ranks please bring this to Spark Spark attention? Please Help!
Well if you look up a few lines he posted a few days ago acknowledging the issue and commenting that it seems limited to mobile users.

I would highly recommend mobile users try out alternate browsers for their mobile devices. To my knowledge both Android and iOS have the issue with Safari and Chrome the only browser I know of on both systems and not one of those two's own product is Opera.

I'll add my experience. I use an iPhone using safari browsing the site 90% of the time the other time widows 7 computers and chrome. I have gotten zero adds or popups whether logged in or not from any platform or browser ever from this site.

Add me as another one.

Every time I try to use the site, I get the pop-ups. I can verify that it's routing to ingmatic.com

Accessing on iPad running iOS 10.3.2 via Safari..

Just tried clearing all cookies, data, etc, and it's still happening. Surprised I'm even getting this post in.

Will try other browsers and repot back

Happens in Safari, Chrome, and Firefox on the iPad. Hasn't happened in Opera - yet.

Only happens when logged in to my account, so I'm assuming it has something to do with cookies.

Hope some of this helps.

Only happens on blade forum. Im using an iphone. Not happening on other sites or apps.

I had the same thing happen. I tried deleting cookies erasing website data, nothing worked.

Then I switched the iphone safari browser to private mode and went to bladeforums. The popups stopped. After a while when I switched back to regular browser the popups didn't come back.

To switch to private browsing hit that little icon that lets you jump between different webpages you have open at once. (Should be at top right of screen next to the bar where you type url when phone is in landscape mode) you will see next to where it says Done the word private in the top right corner.

(Works great if you don't want your less child friendly searches popping up too.)

Back