Post your Redneck mods

...care to share the story?
I'd wanted a Randall for a long time. When I finally got one on the exchange, it had some serious flaws that the seller had not disclosed. The knife was so bad that I thought maybe it was a fake. I sent photos to Randall, but was told to buzz off.

I couldn't resell it and I didn't want it, so I did some abusive testing to see how well the Randall steel held up. Not well at all.

To give you an idea, here is the jimping, which is basically a redneck factory mod.
2v2eFYUmNxAWtWs.jpg

I'd wanted a Randall for a long time. When I finally got one on the exchange, it had some serious flaws that the seller had not disclosed. The knife was so bad that I thought maybe it was a fake. I sent photos to Randall, but was told to buzz off.

I couldn't resell it and I didn't want it, so I did some abusive testing to see how well the Randall steel held up. Not well at all.

To give you an idea, here is the jimping, which is basically a redneck factory mod.
2v2eFYUmNxAWtWs.jpg
What kinda tests? By no means am I criticizing, I'm just curious about what it withstood. Are we talking "batoned through hardwood" tests or "I beat it into a block of granite for 30 minutes" treatment?

2v2eFYUmNxAWtWs.jpg
Are you sure that was done at the factory?

Reactions: TC
To qualify as a RM you need to do it with improper tools or without regard to safety or taste.

Nice SHTF knife but the top guard was bugging me. No longer. 30 min with a grinder and voila! Paradord handle? Yeah, that sounds good especially in the cold.
OP I dont understand the use of the term Redneck used in a derogatory fashion. Im a Redneck and so are the majority of men I know. we are professional tradesmen always using the proper tool for the job and safety is always first. What gives?

OP I dont understand the use of the term Redneck used in a derogatory fashion. Im a Redneck and so are the majority of men I know. we are professional tradesmen always using the proper tool for the job and safety is always first. What gives?
I think it dates back to Jeff Foxworthy..”You might be a redneck if…”

In an interview he said, (paraphrasing) It’s great to have the audience laugh at the, you could be a redneck jokes. It’s even better to see them pointing at each other!🙃

I think it dates back to Jeff Foxworthy..”You might be a redneck if…”

In an interview he said, (paraphrasing) It’s great to have the audience laugh at the, you could be a redneck jokes. It’s even better to see them pointing at each other!🙃
Many people have taken that term as a badge of honor. I mean, I grew up in an area that became known as The Redneck Riviera!!!

By the same token folks often do the same with "Bubba", as in this golden oldie.....

Bubba shot the juke box
Last night,
Said it played a sad song
That made him cry,
Went to his truck and got a

Bubba shot the juke box
Last night.

How many of us have seen/complained about a knife, firearm or other thing that had been "Bubba'd"?

How many of us know someone nicknamed Bubba who isn't like that at all? I'm betting there's a bunch of us.

Last edited:
Back