Post your Redneck mods

It took a few doses of $10 vodka to come up with this setup.

The replacement pommel nut I ordered for a Marbles Woodcraft had a diameter that was slightly too large. I jammed the nut onto a chopstick, affixed it to my $20 drill, and turned it down on some sandpaper. It was surprisingly effective and efficient.

Maybe the theme of the thread should be revised to "Thrifty Mods."

Nicely done :) :thumbsup:. I've used hand/power drills in similar fashion to reduce switchblade pivots during custom fitting.

I've been trying to think of something I've done that might come close to a "redneck" mod, the best I could come up with was wrapping fixed-blade handles with strips of bicycle inner tube (pic). It provides a great grip, and it enables one to make the handle noticeably thicker, as well as alter the contours of the handle for a more custom grip. I switched to Plasti Dip because it's easier to clean (no overlapping layers), and because I like the more refined look.

o5UofMa.jpg

Bonus points if you have you have the trifecta RM The above one meets all three requirements lack of taste, safety and proper tooling to accomplish the dirty deed.
Check
Hand held knife and angle grinder with flap wheel, Black and decker belt sander with 60 grit belt without ear or eye protection other than Gods eye protection in the form of eyelids
Check
Also done while drunk on gin and tonic
Double check
All in all, not a bad use of minimal common sense and a disdain for a guard where my thumb should rest
Check
IMG_2356.jpeg
BTW, the 2nd down was chewed by a beaver. Give credit where credit is due…

"Redneck"can be taken as a pejorative /insult or a compliment ...sometimes both ! ;)

Note pressure bandage ,with some silicone tape added ,to help stop the hemorrhage ,from the self inflicted injury, during installation of a zip tie wave mod . :oops:

Also, red silicone tape wrap on the fob ! :p

Works for me. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It took a few doses of $10 vodka to come up with this setup.

The replacement pommel nut I ordered for a Marbles Woodcraft had a diameter that was slightly too large. I jammed the nut onto a chopstick, affixed it to my $20 drill, and turned it down on some sandpaper. It was surprisingly effective and efficient.

Maybe the theme of the thread should be revised to "Thrifty Mods."
A country boy can survive A country boy can survive

Check

Check

Double check

Check
View attachment 2407177
BTW, the 2nd down was chewed by a beaver. Give credit where credit is due…
So far you are winning the best RN knife modding. You need to sell your wares at an exorbitant mark up to match your pinnacle of this knife market segment. DRKW (TM) Is your new company name. Drunken Redneck Knife Works. All sales are final and come with a dirty mason jar of apple spiced moonshine.

I took the handles off of this old Bravo 1, then decided that new handles would be too much work. Duct tape fixed that. Also decided to use my orbital sander to remove the tarnish on the tool steel. Then, I put a secondary angle on it with a Wicked Edge. Boy, that was a lot of grinding.

I'm going to be buried in my redneck grave with it. It still works for processing firewood.

IMG_0930.jpeg

I once filed the flipper tab on a knife with a file on my Leatherman wave...in that I'd never used a file I guess that counts. However, I'm far too brown to be a redneck, even if I'm half Texan.

Back