Quick....tell me 'bout the worst pain you've ever had

Try having Pancreatitis.
It's like passing kidney stones every week.

Hope you get well soon Dan.

Thanks for the stories and the well-wishes, guys.

I definitely got nothing on any of you. :eek:

My biggest problem right now is that when I sleep, I clench my teeth...when I concentrate, I clench my teeth....when I'm under stress, I clench my teeth. So, naturally...I'm bound to have dental problems. But now that my jaw is in pain...I'm hyper-aware of the clenching...which is upsetting and frustrating....and, of course...makes it worse. :thumbdn:

the medication does seem to be working, though.....but yesterday evening I nearly fell of my chair from the jaw pain before I realized I had missed a tablet. :foot:

Crazy stuff...

Dan

Dan,
I'd like to offer two items to follow-up on that may offer you some relief beyond your medication regimen.

First, look into a professionally made (ie, by a dentist) mouth guard. Site specific ultrasound treatments may also help.

Second, search the Internet for the "Rocobado 6 x 6" program. It consists of a few simple, brief exercises specifically designed to help your head, neck, shoulders, lower jaw, and upper jaw. I could do all of them in the time it took me to write this. Good luck!

I have an off-the-shelf mouth guard I've customized myself that does seem to be working. My problem in the past has been that I end up not being able to breathe through my mouth at night with a guard in...so this time, I cut a deep groove in it allowing me a breathing vent. I figured I'd spit it out accidentally...but so far, so good.

I did a search on it....can't find anything online...but did find a book or two...will check it out.

Thanks!

Dan

During the day, if clenching is a problem, get a box of round toothpicks...or a script for xanax...worked wonders for me!

Had the same thing once ... I'd also give it a 9.

Pretty much the worst pain I've had that didn't knock me out.

Feeling sorry for you.

I had a heart attack back in 2001. The doctor asked me to rate my chest pain. I said that it was really strong, but nothing compared to a kidney stone. I rate a kidney stone as a 10 and my heart attack only rated an 8. Nothing would touch the pain except intravenous morphine.

Have you tried the home pain reliever from the movie, Marathon Man? The bad guy was a concentration camp dentist and would drill his victims teeth to extract information. As a pain reliever he would use oil of cloves. It really works a lot like Novocaine.

Try having Pancreatitis.
It's like passing kidney stones every week.

Hope you get well soon Dan.
I will vouch for that as well, Did you know that among first timers getting Pancreatitis, the mortality rate is over 50%. Higher than heart attack victims.
Just better hope you have the right Doctor at the right time, misdiagnosed and you are dead.

Get well soon Dan, so you can cut some Margarita G-10.:D
Jim

Did you know that among first timers getting Pancreatitis, the mortality rate is over 50%. Higher than heart attack victims.
Just better hope you have the right Doctor at the right time, misdiagnosed and you are dead.

Hey James,
I wasn't aware of that little fact. My mom and one of my brothers have it, as well as myself.
My mom and I have the acute form while my brother has the chronic form.
In fact, we just got my mom out of the hospital after a 3 week stay from an attack.
She spent 2 of those 3 weeks in the ICU ward. Wasn't fun.

Sorry about diverging from the thread Dan.

Just another fact, the overall mortality rate is just 30%, among all who get it, some folks get it over and over again. But if you survive the first attacks, you have a better chance on any future ones.

Sorry Dan, just thought I would give out some info my heart doctor shared with me, after complications from the pancreatitus attack.

Pain is not fun, no matter where it is, but my wife just says I am a wimp.:)

Jim

My shirt caught fire and burned the whole of my back. Had full thickness burns along my belt line and partial thickness over the rest. Had a few weeks of having burnt skin pulled off my back to allow the new stuff to grow. As the fire killed the nerves in some places I had no pain there but in other areas large blisters had the skin under tension so that was the worst I thought until they started peeling me.

Still it didn't kill me, and I got a week off work.

Cut my pointer finger in half along the bone and right through the nail, but the most pain was passin' a kidney stone, that's a 10.:eek:

I was dicing jalapeños once then went to the urinal

hey it's true

Hah, I once had lost a contact lens after I found it I popped into my mouth till I could find a mirror to put it back in, after I did I remembered/realized we were eatin' Hungarian mini hot peppers just minutes before.:eek:

A toss up between passing kidney stones and having pulled lower back muscles. Pain killers and muscle relaxers only work if you chase them with 1/2 bottle of Jack Black!

Back