R.A.M. Composite Concepts

I really like that one. Now, it's my turn for a touch of blasphemy--drop the thumbstud trio: 1) The studs ruin the line of the blade; 2) The flipper on the RAM is so good, and the action so smooth it doesn't need studs; 3) I've gotten the studs hung up in the work when I try to use all of this blade.

I know, I'm an idiot, but it's a gift.

Good discussion hear, appreciate all the info. I'm going to present a composite RAM (probably Gavin's version) to a couple of customers, and we'll see what they have to say. I'll keep you all posted.
Hmmm. As far as I can tell, we never got the follow-up on this post. At least, not in this thread. So...is there a composite R.A.M. in my future, Thomas? :)

Last edited:
Yes Thomas would love to get an update on this. I just got my first R.A.M. and am in desperate need of a Composite Version.

I like Gavin's the best. By far.

But I think there are some other improvements that need to be made too. This is a BRILLIANT knife, and I don't say it often, but in my humble opinion, there are some areas that could use improvement and it wouldn't be hard to modify. I'm pretty busy now, but I'll put up a full review of the RAM tonight or tomorrow and outline other little changes I'd like to see.

But yeah, a CB plus these little modifications and I would probably trade off my current RAM and upgrade.

14C28 and 154CM would be awesome...154CM lends well to thin hollow grinds in my experience, and it would be reasonably priced. Just my $0.02.

I just had to join in.

KS1910cb.jpg

I do like Gavin's design better.

I like the Gavin's barbed wire version best - it'd be great too if we got the fold-over clip - probably a much better choice than using it on the MUDD.

Back