Red Alox Farmer X "situation"...

.577NE

Gold Member
Friends,

Knifecenter has this very pretty red Alox Farmer X Exclusive in their program. It is so exclusive, it shows their logo on one side, which made me cancel my order this morning.

VN08271X4_3.jpg

Is there a way to get rid of their logo without ruining the scales? The knife otherwise would be a perfect companion.

Wondering what you all think.

Last edited:
Well, you could try marking it with a red Sharpie, just to reduce the contrast. Or you could try finding a matching candy apple red fingernail polish and paint out their logo. Or you could carefully scrape off the surrounding red anodization from the rest of the box, or just their name. Or you could extend the knurling pattern across the box, and paint it with the fingernail polish. Seems like a lot of work. And they charge you an extra $4 for the exclusivity. I wonder how long their exclusivity last. Maybe wait and see if red becomes a standard alox color. I have red and blue Farmers, but not Farmer Xs.

black fingernail polish over the rectangle with their name, silver or gold fingernail polish on the black for your name or an important date?
(date the knife arrived, anniversary, yours or better half's birthday, for example?)

Last edited:
I attached a Silver Farmer X to my keys a few years back. What a great knife. It got pretty banged up on the keychain. I like it more now than when it was new and pristine.

Maybe get the Red knife that you want. Carry and use it. After a while you may not care that it has the logo.

Knifecenter has this very pretty red Alox Farmer X Exclusive in their program. It is so exclusive, it shows their logo on one side, which made me cancel my order this morning.
I agree it is a an otherwise pretty knife. But, having their logo so visible is why I haven't ordered one of those exclusives. I like some of their exclusives, but prefer only having the original manufacturer logo be visible.

I agree it is a an otherwise pretty knife. But, having their logo so visible is why I haven't ordered one of those exclusives. I like some of their exclusives, but prefer only having the original manufacturer logo be visible.
+1
I haven't ordered any of their exclusives for the same reason but they still sold out. Go figure? :confused: :rolleyes:

It's just barely possible that some of us don't care. Even as unlikely as it seems, some of us would just drop it in their pocket with other stuff and let that logo wear off.
Eureka! That's probably it, some folks don't care. :)
There are no dealer stickers on my cars or bikes.
In fact one of my bikes even has all the manufacturer's identification removed.
Get a lot of compliments on that one, nice clean look. But to each his own. :cool:

Last edited:
Friends,

Thank y'all for chiming in. I appreciate the different views.

After sleeping on it for a night, I decided against the pretty red with the not so pretty logo, and ordered an Alox Farmer X in silver.

An old timey mentor and friend of mine, a cowboy at heart, says that " a good horse does not come in a bad color". Right he is.

I vote the Farmer X as well! :thumbsup:
ovU7NvFh.jpg

Well, you could try marking it with a red Sharpie, just to reduce the contrast. Or you could try finding a matching candy apple red fingernail polish and paint out their logo.
FYI, both sharpie and nail polish will rub off of Alox scales. In my case I tried coloring a silver alox classic sd with a black magic marker and it rubbed off fairly quickly. If you look on youtube you can see videos of people who used nail polish on their alox scales and it wears off in the pocket. It looks neat when worn, but it is obviously not ideal for covering up a logo.

You can also get red ones exclusively in at least two places here in eu 😂

Friends,

View attachment 2290515

Is there a way to get rid of their logo without ruining the scales? The knife otherwise would be a perfect companion.

So you don’t like the engraving on the plate? But there will be a plate any way… If it was blank, would you have liked that? How hard can it be to just paint it over? I am not sure I understand the problem?

At least for me, I’m not sure it is problem so much as preference. If it is a preference, I have no desire to ignore it just to spend money for something that will annoy me when it’s seen. It doesn’t make sense. (I simply prefer to not have additional gratuitous branding.). For those with differing preferences, enjoy it. Others can be happy seeing it and I can be happy not seeing it. Win/win 😀

Back