Red Alox Farmer X "situation"...

I really don’t mind the logo. We own so many products with branding all over them.. I don’t think Knifecenter advertising their name after coordinating for an exclusive is a big deal.. especially if I like Knifecenter as a company overall.

I like Knife Center also and have bought many knives from them. I even like some of their exclusives, like the MKM Campo I bought. I just don't like extra logos if it can be avoided and there are usually other options available. I don't even like logos on t-shirts. Logos on ball caps are okay, though. 😂

I'd ask them if they plan on paying you a monthly fee for advertising their company on your private property?

I've passed on a SAK cadet from them because of their logo on it, and I find it offensive. Same with buying a car and them putting the dealer name on the trunk lid. Once you pay for it, thats your private property. I don't have or stand for logos on any of my stuff.

I'd ask them if they plan on paying you a monthly fee for advertising their company on your private property?

I've passed on a SAK cadet from them because of their logo on it, and I find it offensive. Same with buying a car and them putting the dealer name on the trunk lid. Once you pay for it, thats your private property. I don't have or stand for logos on any of my stuff.
I understand being slightly annoyed but why would you find it “offensive”? It’s not like it’s a slur or a bumper sticker. It’s just the name of a company.

I understand being slightly annoyed but why would you find it “offensive”? It’s not like it’s a slur or a bumper sticker. It’s just the name of a company.

No, its infringement on your personal property for their commercial gain in free advertising. They didn't make it, its a Victorinox. They are just the middle man seller. How would you like to go buy a Glock and there right on the slide was "Ace Gun Shop" bold as day? Hell no. They've done a good job of getting consumers used to be taken advantage of, but if I'm paying for it, I don't want their name on it, unless its a freebie like advertising pens, give away flashlights. It's galling for Knifecenter to slap their name on it.

It's like how car dealerships used to have their name made into a permanent emblem that was affixed to the back of the car, or pickups with the dealer information inscribed on the rear bumper. That was obnoxious: they didn't give the vehicle away for free, yet some businesses felt like they deserved to be remembered for the life of the vehicle.

Last edited:
It's like how car dealerships used to have their name made into a permanent emblem that was affixed to the back of the car, or pickups with the dealer information inscribed on the rear bumper. That was obnoxious: they didn't give the vehicle away for free, yet some businesses felt like they deserved to be remembered for the life of the vehicle.

Exactly!

It was obnoxious for the car dealer to think that you're paying 20 grand for that car, but they had the right to drill a couple holes in the trunk lid to mount a plaque with "Al's Ford" on it. In 1990 I walked out of a car dealer and canceled a check just for that reason. I had told the salesman very very, plainly, there was to be no logo on the car. I go to pick it up and there right on the ass end of the car was a dealer logo mounted on it. That deal went in the trash and I bought a car at another dealership. My last car the salesman got a bit annoyed because I told him to get that license plate frame with their dealer name on it, off my car.

If its my property, don't put your name on it unless we have a advertising contract. Then you pay me.

No, its infringement on your personal property for their commercial gain in free advertising. They didn't make it, its a Victorinox. They are just the middle man seller. How would you like to go buy a Glock and there right on the slide was "Ace Gun Shop" bold as day? Hell no. They've done a good job of getting consumers used to be taken advantage of, but if I'm paying for it, I don't want their name on it, unless its a freebie like advertising pens, give away flashlights. It's galling for Knifecenter to slap their name on it.
it’s not your personal property until you decide to buy it, and you know it’s on there when you buy it. It’s not like they took a blank advertised knife and ran off to the engraving machine to pull a fast one. If you don’t like the branding, don’t buy the knife. It’s like buying a car from a dealership and being mad they have the name of the dealership on a decal. You knew it was on there when you bought it.

Spoken like a true rebel, I love it 👍

Especially when no one's really going to see it when it's in your pocket or in your hand while you're using it.
Yep. Most of our knives have logos from the company that made them from on them and no one is complaining.. Spyderco, Benchmade, CRK, Case… it’s all the same in concept. This shouldn’t be any different. As far as I’m concerned if KC invested the capital to make an exclusive happen, why not use the empty block of space on a SAK for their name?

Given the comments expressed here, can you please point me to where I'm able to buy a red Farmer X elsewhere? I'm unaware of anywhere else in the US that this knife is offered in red. After all, Knifecenter partnered with Victorinox to bring this product to the market, as an exclusive to them, so I'm not sure why you're acting as though there was some huge subversion here. If you feel that companies are out to scam you, or force you to advertise for free, that's one thing. However, a company has EVERY right to brand their special products with their logo, especially when they paid to have these made. That Glock you mention, from "Ace Gun Shop"? Sure, I would find it tacky if it were an otherwise normal Glock. However, if it were a special model that that company had say, done all the upgrades to and now it was the "Ace Gunshop Glock 19" and it was a good price for what it was? Sure, I'd buy it. A logo is just a logo, but gotta say, a logo is also an indicator of quality. If "Ace Gun Shop" were a well known entity, known for quality products, I'd have zero issue with their name on my quality upgraded gun.

P.S. "Just the middle man"? Heh, virtually everything you own was bought from a company who's technically "just the middle man", so I'm not sure why you seem to have a lot of negativity associated with the way companies do business in this country.

I attached a Silver Farmer X to my keys a few years back. What a great knife. It got pretty banged up on the keychain. I like it more now than when it was new and pristine.

Maybe get the Red knife that you want. Carry and use it. After a while you may not care that it has the logo.

That's what I would suggest, if you want a shiny red Alox Farmer X and that's the only issue, just carry it and see how noticeable it is in three years. It'll still be legible, but the scales will have enough wear that it won't pop like it does now.

Back