Redmeadow Wild Cards

chestnut looks good excellent choice
I don't own a lamb so I can't comment but it does look like a nice blade

Not sure if anyone was interested in the shambsfoot but I just sold it to my cousin, he's a great dude. Hadn't really planned on selling it yet but blood is blood.

Besides, you don't tell a kid this size No!
29925-01.jpeg
Me at 6'2, 230lbs for reference!

Your cousin got a great blade, John. It had my interest but I wasn’t under the impression that the wild cards were up for dibs. Fortune favors the bold, as it’s said, plus - one always takes care of family first. :cool:

I hope to see more of those “shambfoots”, or even a proper Lambsfoot if you ever want to tweak it a bit more.

Your cousin got a great blade, John. It had my interest but I wasn’t under the impression that the wild cards were up for dibs. Fortune favors the bold, as it’s said, plus - one always takes care of family first. :cool:

I hope to see more of those “shambfoots”, or even a proper Lambsfoot if you ever want to tweak it a bit more.
You're absolutely right Dylan, there aren't Dibs for the Wild Cards. I really need to figure out a better system. I was going to ask in here tonight if there was any interest in the shambsfoot. Were it not blood that asked I would have said it's not for sale yet while we figured out who in here was interested. To be honest I feel terrible about and feel like I sold it out from under your guys feet, though I know that's not correct.

I need to figure out a better system with these, maybe taking Dibs in the thread is the best plan. Full disclosure, the reason I didn't want to take Dibs for these was because in the weird way my mind works, when I know who a knife is for, I affix them to that specific knife from that moment on in my head. Yeah, that's a little weird but I wanted to let these be free from that ownership so I could focus on the creativity part of the "Wild Card" concept instead of thinking about the owner. To be able to completely change course without taking the Dibs desire in consideration.

Now that's way more insight than you guys probably wanted to know but that's my modus operandi, a little insanity mixed with an unhealthy amount of loyalty. Every knife on my bench has a person assigned to it and I punish myself knowing they're patiently waiting.

On another note, I'm keeping sketches of these and plan on eventually offering them through orders.

So, knowing how nutty I am, where do we go from here on the Wild Cards?

Good looking knife, glad it went to your cousin. There is a satisfaction knowing a certain knife will go to an individual, something special for that person.

Redmeadow Knives Redmeadow Knives John while you're figuring your system out :) if you happen to make anymore craft/bench knives I would be interested it will stay on one of my work benches most of the time so I don't need a sheath
Good luck with the shambsfoot you need to get a patent

if you happen to make anymore craft/bench knives I would be interested it will stay on one of my work benches most of the time so I don't need a sheath
I'll make a note of it, without a sheath we can make it happen on the cheap.

You're absolutely right Dylan, there aren't Dibs for the Wild Cards. I really need to figure out a better system. I was going to ask in here tonight if there was any interest in the shambsfoot. Were it not blood that asked I would have said it's not for sale yet while we figured out who in here was interested. To be honest I feel terrible about and feel like I sold it out from under your guys feet, though I know that's not correct.

I need to figure out a better system with these, maybe taking Dibs in the thread is the best plan. Full disclosure, the reason I didn't want to take Dibs for these was because in the weird way my mind works, when I know who a knife is for, I affix them to that specific knife from that moment on in my head. Yeah, that's a little weird but I wanted to let these be free from that ownership so I could focus on the creativity part of the "Wild Card" concept instead of thinking about the owner. To be able to completely change course without taking the Dibs desire in consideration.

Now that's way more insight than you guys probably wanted to know but that's my modus operandi, a little insanity mixed with an unhealthy amount of loyalty. Every knife on my bench has a person assigned to it and I punish myself knowing they're patiently waiting.

On another note, I'm keeping sketches of these and plan on eventually offering them through orders.

So, knowing how nutty I am, where do we go from here on the Wild Cards?

I was thinking about this a bit today, John. I would hate for your creativity to get stifled in any way with the shadow of looming "dibs" lurking over your shoulder so I'd say that your current approach is great. Make no promises, invite feedback, but ultimately, do what you want. Also, there isn't anything to feel bad about here - we are guests in your house and it's a privilege to be able to hang out with you, it doesn't mean we are entitled to anything though.

Something that you could do is what the CPK crew does on occasion where they offer up a one-off in a "Fun Friday Sale". When you complete a Wild Card and you aim to sell it, you can throw up a sale thread at a time of your choosing and then at that point, it's a game of quick draw. That way, you make a cool knife with zero obligations and then eventually someone can possibly land it.

I never feel stifled or like Dibs are looking over my shoulder, only gratefulness and the desire to follow through with that.. The Wild Cards are unique in that they're a personal free for all to experiment with and I want yo leave my mind unplugged for them.

You guys aren't Guests in my house, you guys are family and what makes Redmeadow.... Redmeadow. Them's the facts Jack.

I like the fixed sale time idea, that might work out well for the Wild Cards. I'll see what I can come up with.

Maybe a Wild Card paring knife is in order. We'd need to raise the edge angle to get more of it on the cutting board, leave the long handle like the craft knife and add some shallows up front for a pinch grip. Thin the scales down and the edge. Richlite scales to wipe down easy and trade out the tubing for solid pins to keep out any choppins. I'm game.

Good ti see you Jared!

Maybe a Wild Card paring knife is in order. We'd need to raise the edge angle to get more of it on the cutting board, leave the long handle like the craft knife and add some shallows up front for a pinch grip. Thin the scales down and the edge. Richlite scales to wipe down easy and trade out the tubing for solid pins to keep out any choppins. I'm game.

Good ti see you Jared!

Wifey would be like:

jonah-hill-excited.gif

lol

Back