REKAT PioneerII

heyz guys...I just got myself a Pioneer II today. Mine is the drop-point blade configuration design.
It seems that this is really a "bomb-proof" folder.
I have an uncle in Malaysia who is in the durian business, and he actually uses the PioneerII drop-point to pry open the durian husks.
I really love my new knife.
let's see, compared to my Emerson® COMMANDER,
it has:
thicker liners,
thicker G-10 scales,
a thicker blade,
stronger locking system,
hmm....now, with the exception of the wave®, what makes the Rekat® PioneerII less expensive then a Emerson® Commander?
WELL DONE REKAT!

------------------
silent souls leave .308 holes

I just recently received my Pioneer II tanto point, and it seems also rock solid..it hasn't left my side since I got it(well, only when I was asleep, but then it was still close. I am close to buying another one...really want another...clip point maybe, this time...must...feed....addiction. lol

By the way, what is a durian?? I am interested

------------------
Sean

well, a durian is a fruit found commonly in malaysia and thailand, it is commonly called the king of all fruits.
it has a soft flesh with a seed , and the husk is almost as dense as wood,, and opening it is quite a task for inexperienced people.

------------------

interesting...do you know if it is exported to other countries, such as USA?? would be interested in trying one, methinks...especially if i can use my REKAT to open it..lol

------------------
Sean

you might try to look for it in usa, maybe in the chinese districts, but most europeans/americans can't stand the smell...it is a bit strong, but it is a love-hate affair, some say is stinks, some say it smells very nice, but it does not stink...it has a strong distinct smell, but the smell is nowhere near ammonia...do try it....ask for the D24 VARIANT

------------------

Heyz, I was examining my pioneer the other day and i realised that if i shook the knife a bit, or a lot, there was this very distinct rattling sound when it is closed, when i open the blade, the rattling sound stops. Is there a problem with my knife or is this normal?

------------------

I would have to say, from what mine does, and from what others have said, that it is pretty normal. I believe it is the stop pin(i think it is the name for it) where the tang hits to stop in the open position. This stops it from rattling while open, and is perfectly secure...but when it closes, the stop pin is free, and it rattles a lil bit...i think it is fairly safe. if you want, maybe a VERY TINY dot of superglue on the pin will stop the rattle...but i wouldn't take my opinion as more than a suggestion.

i don't think i will do this myself.

------------------
Sean

mine does not seem to be a little bit. it is a very pronounced rattle and can be heard very distinctly

------------------

I've handled a few different models of REKAT's and have seen some with the stop pin rattle. Yes, some folks have commented on using a bit of superglue. I've heard of others shimming the pin with just a bit of tin foil. I've never owned one that the rattle was so pronounced that I did anything about it. Now back to waiting for the brown truck of joy and my BF SE Sifu!!!
Regards,
Clyde

I would try to get in touch with them first...maybe start a separate post that forum heads may read....and they may have good answer.

If it bothers you, I don't think they would mind looking at it for you if you sent it back. You may have to pay for shipping. I don't know how that works.

Mine rattles(maybe not as much, dunno) but I don't feel their is any structural issues, so I pay it little mind.

I know I'm not much help, but I'll say...if you feel its a problem, send it back!! don't risk hurting yourself during use just because I'm not sure its an issue...lol.

Maybe someone else will have a better, or more knowledgeable answer....

------------------
Sean

If you find you must throw something at me, please make it a custom.

The rattle you hear is the stop pin we apply a small amount of glue on the pin when the knives are assembled to keep the stop pin from rattling. There is nothing mechanically wrong with your knife the pin will not fall out. You can stop the rattle by placing a small amount of supper glue on the stop pin where it goes through the liners.
Bob Brothers

Now I have to go out and buy a Pioneer II! Thanks guys! I gave my drop point Pioneer to a good friend for Christmas and was resisting
the small voice in my head telling me to buy another one (I have two Carnivores and a Cub)
Between Linjunpei and Blackwatch raving about theirs, I have to buy one now! Thanks guys! I can only resist for so long.
smile.gif
Well I'm off to call 1SKS.
smile.gif

------------------
A Pat on the Back is only a few inches from a Kick in the Butt.

[This message has been edited by Easyrider (edited 02-23-2001).]

Linjunpei,
Ck. past archives,tells how to fix rattle,took mine appart &repaired it myself, kind of fun!Mine is solid!
jim

Well it looks like I just got the last Clip Point Pioneer II that 1SKS had(now performing Happy New Knife Dance). See what you guys did, another new knife is on its way.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------

congrats, easyrider...only one problem...now i can't order the last clippoint that 1sks has..lol. probably for the best, cuz now i can buy me a carnie!!

------------------
Sean

Blacky,

I feel sooo bad about getting the last Clip point Pioneer II
smile.gif
, or at least I hope I got the last Clip point Pioneer II! I have been checking the Tracking page at 1SKS and my tracking number doesn't show. That can't be good
frown.gif
. Well I'm going to give it another day or so before I really panic.
I think you will like the Carnivore, I have two of the Limited RED/BLACK Bladeforums Carnivores that came out last year. I'm going to start looking for a green handle one to keep the others company.
smile.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Easyrider (edited 02-27-2001).]

haha...is that dripping sarcasm i see?!? lol.

yes, must...get...carnie. and sifu. and pikuni. and...more, More, MORE!!! ummm, right, sorry...

anyway, i think ive given up on getting a green handled carnie. maybe ill buy one, and find someone to replace scales with blue g-10?? nice!

later

------------------
Sean

You're taunting me again, aren't you? You know I have been waiting on a Blue handled Carnivore ever since I got my Red Carnivore. You may be correct and I will have to do it myself.
smile.gif
Bob, are you listening? Please consider making some blue handled Carnivores to go with the green ones. I think I'm going to post in the "Knives Want to Buy" Forum, and see if anyone wants to sell their green Carnivores. Can't hurt.
smile.gif

------------------

taunting you? maybe..

actually, i found someone willing to part with a green carnie. the only issue is it no longer has the black coating, and it has a little play to it. but, it is very inexpensive, so i think ill get it.

also, today, i purchased a carnie cub and a pikuni...should be arriving soon, i hope.

still, blue g-10 would be awesome, and is so overlooked, i feel. need more blue!!

wonder how much it would cost to rescale with blue g-10?

------------------
Sean

Back