Ridiculous purchase you just had to have

This tops MTP wasn't particularly expensive, but the common consensus seems to be that they're overpriced at $80.
I just thought it was cool and I do like to carry it, but it's definitely not my best cutting knife.
View attachment 2215016

Here's another.
The maratac chickpea wasn't expensive, I just wanted it because it's such a bright little light and I thought it was cool.
Absolutely not a bad purchase at all, simply an impulsive one that I didn't need and had to find a purpose for.
View attachment 2215025
The mass drop brass AAA that I EDC with it's nitchia LED only has 80 lumens, so I wear this around my neck for the odd occasion that I need more light.
You need to try one of their white lasers.

Don’t have any pictures of them but I thought I “just had to have a Rolex”. Bought 2 new ones in about 6 months time. Rotated the wearing, one on my wrist and one in a winder. I kept em about a year and a half and sold both of them. Give me a good ol quartz movement that keeps crazy accurate time and I don’t worry about being particularly careful with. No regrets, glad I tried them out, just a lesson in who you are. I’m not a Rolex guy.
You probably made money selling them with the market like it was a few months ago

I have 8 bicycles 3 that cost $1000 or more. I was not able to ride for a while because of health issues. But I am back to riding besides the health benefits cruising through the country or along a river is good for my soul
Whenever I feel bad about dropping cash on my knife habit I remember my cousin who runs triathlons and rides a bike that costs about $5K and I feel a lot better. 😉

Filled with joy, for sure .... interestingly enough, my wife negotiated the price with the dealer.

20160214-DSCF0086.jpg

I came here to post something similar.

M4.45.jpeg

Not owning up to it eh? Possibly not a subject you care to participate in. That’s ok. I can go it alone.
Post #2
Bought a very expensive (by my standards) folder. CRK small Sebenza. Hated the studs and had a hard time opening it but once I replaced them to my liking, I’m really happy with that purchase. Carry it daily as my edc. It has replace the previously carried Benchmade tanto and Microtech LCC. It’s smaller, lighter and very capable of the tasks I sick it on.
Answers can be happy or sad. You choose.
View attachment 2211208
I dont get the hate for the Sebenza thumbstud.
I have flippers,disks, holes, slots, grooves, nicks as openers they all require a different technique. I agree the Sebenza studs are different, they are meant to be used from the side not the top like many designs, and some people hate them but to me its just a slightly different thumbstud.

I dont get the hate for the Sebenza thumbstud.
I have flippers,disks, holes, slots, grooves, nicks as openers they all require a different technique. I agree the Sebenza studs are different, they are meant to be used from the side not the top like many designs, and some people hate them but to me its just a slightly different thumbstud.
For me it was a matter of not being able to “comfortably” open the knife. I could open it but found it pissed off my thumb to do it. Once the other studs were put in place of the factory ones, the problem was solved immediately.
Just a personal side note is that they know a great many of their customers have the same feeling, a small redesign would make it a better experience, not irritate the fan club in doing so and they might possibly be even higher revered if that’s possible . It is such a great piece of work but I seriously considered reselling it in the first 24hrs I owned it. Every other aspect of the knife is great but I don’t really understand not responding to such a widespread customer complaint that would be such a small, subtle and easy change.
It works as is for you and LOTS of folks but it is nonetheless a well known issue for many people. I did a separate thread here about it and had lots of people on both sides. I carry that knife every day but If I had to have the factory studs, I would sell it and carry another blade.

I thought this was cool but didn't think too much about practicality when I ordered it.
20230724_103437.jpg
No it wasn't expensive but it was a ridiculous purchase because you can get much much more machete than this for $50+ shipping, and it's kind of useless.
The 9" blade is too short for typical machete work, and it's not thick/ heavy enough for chopping type work.

been thinking about this...pretty much everything I own falls into this. got way too much, and most is beyond what I really need for this life.......

a buddy bought a couple ar15s that he instantly regretted because he wasn't in the caliber when he bought em and the startup cost was more than he could bear.

Back