• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Ripped Off

Azazello

Gold Member
Been swapping and buy and selling here since 2007 with never a problem. Last night I got ripped off. I posted "I'll take it" on a thread, PM'd my email, then got an email from someone who had bothered to make their email look like the seller's. I paid them PP F&F because that's always been safe around here. But it wasn't really the seller. I post the phony email in hopes no one else falls for the trick:

Blasted Hill Knives <aaronhealth594@gmail.com>​

Mon, Feb 26, 6:03 PM (1 day ago)
to me

Hello there,
Sounds good, It is yours. $85 shipped. PayPal email is; n_wildey@yahoo.com
Send via F&F. Will get the shipping confirmation to you when i have it.
Thanks much.

I'd appreciate hearing form anyone who knows Nathan Wildey or aaronhealth594 because I want him arrested and charged with mail fraud.

The seller is a maker and there's almost no way he would compromise his reputation over $85. Good thing is I'm a DA in Texas and the Feds like me. This will be a police report in the morning and I will ask the feds in later tomorrow afternoon. Maybe they'll even catch this guy and send him down for two years or so.

Anyway, I am done buying and selling here. Good luck to all the nice honest folks I've dealt with on BF.

As a retired federal LEO, I'll be very happily surprised if an $85 loss is going to motivate them to investigate....despite your relationship with them. (That said, the total losses here recently are much higher than that.)

Please keep us posted. We, (myself, boru, knarfeng and rycen), have been busting our asses trying to put out fires for the last few days. It hasn't been fun, and my eyes are about crossed from staring at the screen for hours on end.

Hate it for you. Had a guy on another forum actually research private messages from a guys account to get to know us and who he could scam. Made up a story using the sellers family’s name and said that he was using her PayPal because his had been suspended…… KNEW their name. Scary stuff anymore. Good luck but using PayPal F&F almost automatically throws your argument out.

Been swapping and buy and selling here since 2007 with never a problem. Last night I got ripped off. I posted "I'll take it" on a thread, PM'd my email, then got an email from someone who had bothered to make their email look like the seller's. I paid them PP F&F because that's always been safe around here. But it wasn't really the seller. I post the phony email in hopes no one else falls for the trick:

Blasted Hill Knives <aaronhealth594@gmail.com>​

Mon, Feb 26, 6:03 PM (1 day ago)
to me

Hello there,
Sounds good, It is yours. $85 shipped. PayPal email is; n_wildey@yahoo.com
Send via F&F. Will get the shipping confirmation to you when i have it.
Thanks much.

I'd appreciate hearing form anyone who knows Nathan Wildey or aaronhealth594 because I want him arrested and charged with mail fraud.

The seller is a maker and there's almost no way he would compromise his reputation over $85. Good thing is I'm a DA in Texas and the Feds like me. This will be a police report in the morning and I will ask the feds in later tomorrow afternoon. Maybe they'll even catch this guy and send him down for two years or so.

Anyway, I am done buying and selling here. Good luck to all the nice honest folks I've dealt with on BF.
Just a heads up, your email address is in a convo on your profile wall. Possibly how the scammer found a way to contact you.

F&F👎
Why am I not surprised? Isn’t this cheating PayPal? Two wrongs…

I paid them PP F&F because that's always been safe around here.
That isn't even remotely true. Look at all of the threads in this section where the buyer was ripped off using F&F. It's nearly all of them.

Also, when you Google search "aaronhealth594@gmail.com", he comes up as a scammer on Calguns. With more fraudulent accounts used there.

Last edited:
If you can't afford to lose it, don't pay with F&F. You know that's a chance you take when you agree to use it.

This is not Blade Forums problem so why stop using them?

YAPFFS

(Yet Another PayPal Friends and Family Scam).

As far as I know, this is the only site that frowns upon PayPal f&f. It was never safe, and won't be safe. Plus you are violating PayPal's TOS. Ditto for Venmo (it is PayPal).

Saw another case like this tonight. Buyers need to take the time to confirm who they're sending money to. Profile message ARE NOT PRIVATE.

Maybe in a case like this the buyer could ask that whoever sends the message make a post in the sale thread (whatever wordage you come up with) to confirm that he/she is the actual seller. The user name would have to match the seller's. You could also message the seller to confirm contact info before you do anything.

Last edited:
Happened to me to on March 5. A scammer who has PayPal account n_wildey@yahoo.com and email mitzarmsammo@gmail.com has been impersonating Blade Forums members and contacting prospective buyers who have commented on for sale posts. The scammer incorporates real user names in his email header. Uses different emails as well (see Azazello’s post above). Be careful out there! Only pay with secure methods like PPG&S. Don’t be dumb like me.

Happened to me to on March 5. A scammer who has PayPal account n_wildey@yahoo.com and email mitzarmsammo@gmail.com has been impersonating Blade Forums members and contacting prospective buyers who have commented on for sale posts. The scammer incorporates real user names in his email header. Uses different emails as well (see Azazello’s post above). Be careful out there! Only pay with secure methods like PPG&S. Don’t be dumb like me.
You have your email in a post. Go edit it out. That's how they contacted you.

^^^^^

Listen to these guys...they know what they are talking about.

just a question. Why would anyone need to communicate terms of a deal a deal outside of the pm system?

just a question. Why would anyone need to communicate terms of a deal a deal outside of the pm system?
Because private messaging is only available to paid members (and I think the message limit for Basic is quite low)...and, as I posted earlier in this thread, profile message are not private.

Back