Sawnee - W.A. Surls Frontier edc

This post just cured my (inevitable) buyer's remorse after snagging the Sawnee with curlicue this past week. Thanks! Awesome knives.

d676f434c83b350f98c5b25addcd001d.jpg

Curious to know if anyone has a sense of what Diomedes APS sheath works best for a Sawnee. RIP Earl? Standard APS Earl? Hoping for pocket carry... Thanks.

Curious to know if anyone has a sense of what Diomedes APS sheath works best for a Sawnee. RIP Earl? Standard APS Earl? Hoping for pocket carry... Thanks.
Wish I could help, I've yet to pick up one of those awesome sheaths. You could try a PM direct to the folks at Fiddleback Outpost. I'm sure they'll get you what you need.

4f0250e869cd388b900c766f51849c6c.jpg

took delivery on this Sawnee yesterday. It was helpful to read Danny's review . I'll be taking it for a spin pretty soon. Still not terribly keen on the curly Q but we'll see how it adds or detracts form the functionality stand point for me personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

took delivery on this Sawnee yesterday. It was helpful to read Danny's review . I'll be taking it for a spin pretty soon. Still not terribly keen on the curly Q but we'll see how it adds or detracts form the functionality stand point for me personally.

How'd you get into my knife drawer? That's a nice one Douglas! It looks like the twin to my Sawnee.

I have always thought about a Fiddleback with a 'q' but whenever I saw pics of them it just never seemed to fit the knife. Funny how a little bit of hemp wrap can change that. I like the look on Allen's Frontier knives and I think they add a little bit more craftsmanship to the blade outside the norm. For myself, the curly que is ornamental, but it does give you a little extra to wrap your pinky on and maybe offer some added leverage for things like scoring. If you were the rowdy type, I would suspect a pommel strike to the temple would ring some bells if your hand did not already engulf this small knife.

Has anybody tried using the q as a beer bottle opener?

I like the way you think. If we had any bottles here I'd give it a go... I'll report back, but I'd suspect the leverage is better with the Q than the spine of a fixed blade to pull off a cap

Back