Scales for drop forged knives

I know they figured it out, but Lynn said it's still difficult to make anything larger. I'd love DF Bowie in the W49 style, but not with an S-style handguard. I'm thinking the Trailmaster/Recon Scout style handguard.
Cold Steel would make an absolute killing if they made a W49 style Bowie in SK-5, or drop forged 52100. I'd rather have one of those, than a Trailmaster. The closest thing they have is the Chaos Bowie.

The DF Bowie, and the video I posted in post #26 above in response to you saying you didn’t know why it had a curved handle. You said I seem to like fighting knives, which is true, but I don’t really like the curved handle on that one and would prefer the others I listed for “dual purpose”.
I have the BladeForums app on a new Moto Stylus 5G 2023. The app keeps closing on me. Any suggestions? Is it because I have battery saver enabled?

The DF Bowie, and the video I posted in post #26 above in response to you saying you didn’t know why it had a curved handle. You said I seem to like fighting knives, which is true, but I don’t really like the curved handle on that one and would prefer the others I listed for “dual purpose”.
I rewatched Lynn's video. I had watched it years ago. He said he really had to push the manufacturers to be able to drop forge a blade longer than 8". I'm sure the DF Bowie is nearly indestructible, like the Survivalist. I just don't think it will fit my hands. I know Lynn is still involved with GSM Outdoors, but it doesn't seem like he's involved like he used to be. If he was, I suspect he would have improved the DF series already. There's a reason Andrew Demko left, after Lynn sold the company.

I'm also not the biggest fan of the Teflon coating on the DF Survivalist. I know 52100 that's like crazy, but I would prefer a standard black coating. I'm not sure what coating is on the DF Bowie.

Back