Scandi grind Framelock Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toughness is "impact strength". In plain-Joe terms - you can baton the crap outta 3V and it frankly never gives up on ya.

Wear resistance is similar to edge-holding. How long it will last before needing to be sharpened.

I am still thinking through this design - I should have another mock-up ready to look at this week.

:thumbup:

Dan

IMO 3V is the steel least likely to chip in a scandi.

Your not kidding. I have battoned the crap out of FROZEN pine for several winter camping seasons with my Koster Scandi Bushcraft without harm. I have deeply chipped many other edges with the same application but the 3v has always stood up to it.

Dan,
Looking at the steel chart you posted (Crucible?) have you considered M4 instead of 3V? 3V is great for fixed blades, especially longer blades where impact toughness is a major player, but in a folder M4 may be a better fit -- tough enough and better wear resistance. . . throwing it out there for discussion. . .

I'm in whichever way this goes.

Lefty Option

blade shape like a Skookum Bush Tool (ie straight spine sharp point) would be really cool.

Scandi Grind

I would pay extra Dan, for a lefty option. Please. :D

Lefty Option

blade shape like a Skookum Bush Tool (ie straight spine sharp point) would be really cool.
Scandi Grind

I would pay extra Dan, for a lefty option. Please. :D

Totally agree. Of all the blade shapes that's my favorite:thumbup:

Going to pull a little necromancy on this thread. Any news on this one? I still come back and drool over your original drawings.

Yes - for those reading - here is the new thread:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...s-usable-comfortable-what-an-interesting-idea

I need to close this down so that it doesn't get confused with the other thread - hope that's ok.

For those of you who originally posted to this thread you'll notice a lot of similarities and continuation of thought in the new design and that I do take customer feedback and input on designs. :thumbup:

Thanks!
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back