Sebenza 31 Converts?

I don't know, but I may have a thing for my Sebenza over the inkosi. Could be just an attachment thing because it's well used and marked up and I'm comfy with it.

I like the inkosi insingo too, but I may be a drop point guy. Hmm to early to tell

I don't know, but I may have a thing for my Sebenza over the inkosi. Could be just an attachment thing because it's well used and marked up and I'm comfy with it.

I like the inkosi insingo too, but I may be a drop point guy. Hmm to early to tell
That’s why they make different models!

i didnt want to take the 31 apart, but the lanyard pin was rattling. that was not a fun hour spent on reassembling. ive taken apart small 21s before years back, but guess i was rusty.
I can't think of any differences, except that the shouldered stop pin on the 31 stays screwed into the lock side, whereas the pin and sleeve on the 21 might come loose during disassembly.

I can't think of any differences, except that the shouldered stop pin on the 31 stays screwed into the lock side, whereas the pin and sleeve on the 21 might come loose during disassembly.

haha having been in the traditional knife world mostly for the last five years took away some of my tinkering. i used to take knives apart all the time especially balisongs. dulled my edge i suppose

youre gonna get the drop point with inlay right?
I think I'm covered on drop points...

If I were to get something...I'd probably get another 'zaan, which would mean the tanto...or see what the Inkosi is all about, but that hasn't really pulled me in yet.

I do really like the 'zaan though.

I'd like a 'zaan also, though probably with the standard drop point. I think for tanto, that may fit better on a large Inkosi with the extra finger indentations helping the stabbing grip. Since my large 31 is insingo, for another of those, I'd probably put it on the small Inkosi. Hmmm.

Yep. Of course we hope to never need to use it this way, but this is about collecting. Just trying to add a little logic to the process, like we need another reason to buy more. 😂

I'm mostly thinking of how to balance possible blade shapes with the other handle types and sizes. One of each in everything would be best, but not quite as practical on the wallet side of things.

I think I'm covered on drop points...

If I were to get something...I'd probably get another 'zaan, which would mean the tanto...or see what the Inkosi is all about, but that hasn't really pulled me in yet.

I do really like the 'zaan though.

for the hat trick!

for the hat trick!
The drop point isn't my favorite pattern. If the 'zaan didn't have the harpoon, I'd probably have waited. I have the basic food groups covered now...I don't feel a compelling need to have a full set of models and respective blades.

(But, I've been known to have a weak moment every now and again... :rolleyes: )

The drop point isn't my favorite pattern. If the 'zaan didn't have the harpoon, I'd probably have waited. I have the basic food groups covered now...I don't feel a compelling need to have a full set of models and respective blades.

(But, I've been known to have a weak moment every now and again... :rolleyes: )

i hear that, i only buckled on skipping the drop point 21 small cause im tired of looking for a good price. the 2 31s will last a lifetime im sure. but a 31 small insingo... well see how deep into the bottle im in.

Last edited:
i didnt want to take the 31 apart, but the lanyard pin was rattling. that was not a fun hour spent on reassembling. ive taken apart small 21s before years back, but guess i was rusty.

I took it off my two other sebbies but still keep it on my 31. The 31 is my first large and I think it looks good with the noose.

Having said that; it does rattle. A bit annoying that CRK's have super tolerances, but kind of botches it on the lanyard pin. I know it's supposed to spin, but this could have been done a little better.

I took it off my two other sebbies but still keep it on my 31. The 31 is my first large and I think it looks good with the noose.

Having said that; it does rattle. A bit annoying that CRK's have super tolerances, but kind of botches it on the lanyard pin. I know it's supposed to spin, but this could have been done a little better.

definitely, i had gotten it off the exchange and it was spa fresh user, i was what is going on, why is there rattling? i dont do lanyards often so even on my other sebenzas its removed, except the factory fresh tanto that i opened the box once to look at.

A drop of Loctite on the shoulders when reassembling cures it.

Back