shave soap bowl?

I never heard of shaving soap bowls until quite recently. Always mugs where I come from:
Grampa's ceramic, probably English stoneware from before 1909; Dad's white glass, which he used as long as I can remember (which is 1958); my gold-rimmed china, which Dad found for me at the flea market to replace the Pyrex mug I had been using; my plastic Cook's Well-screens mug, which clattered less than the china. (My brother gave me the House of Lords lidded shaving "mug". Steel cover and probably Bakelite vessel. "Convenient, sanitary and economical". It came with soap but you could save it and buy refills. Ca 1930 I would guess. It is shallower than the proper mugs, and would probably clatter less, but I haven't used it.)
G2bHDgc.jpg

Honestly I find that a regular ceramic mug works best. There is even a brand of shave soap that actually is designed to fit in the bottom of a mug.

The top half of a hollowed out human skull works pretty good too.

I re-read OP's post. He has a lathering bowl and is looking for a storage bowl. No offense, but is that normal around here? Should I be squishing the soap out of my mug and sticking it into the plastic container it came in every time I shave?

Some soaps like more agitation, so you'd want a "clean" bowl to lather in, once the brush is loaded, or in the case of a hard cream like prorasso, you scoop out the bit you want and use a separate bowl. I use a small steel bowl I got from a dollar store, a little bigger than a spice pinch bowl, with my TOBS soap puck shaved down and mashed in. I find some soaps like being wetted daily, and they work really well, some get gunky, and like to dry out more. So I guess its just what you, your face and your soap like.

Back