• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Shepardcc scam

I do believe you can report people for trying to skirt the policy. I have a feeling there will be no takers, however.

I'll report this walking colostomy bag. How's it done? Here to only give excuses and take money from members he deserves all he gets. Not normally my bag but for this guy I'll bend the rules a thief is a thief

I think all you need to do is call PP. They will likely want some specific information, which is in the first post.

Where is the culpability of BF staff (whom I normally hold in high regards)
for letting this turd continue to operate here? He does prey on his victims through this site.

Whoa, whoa, fellers!

Wouldn't you guys think it'd be a good idea for someone who's had direct dealing with Shep CC and gotten burnt by him to initiate any kind of actions thru PayPal?

They're the ones with skin in the game. Let someone who been involved first hand make that call.

I don't like shady blade deals anymore than anyone here, but I also don't want any vigilantes policing GBU snitching out BF members, all the while thinking they're doing their civic duty, as it were.

Let it run it's natural course here. IMHO, GB&U is where we try to talk this stuff thru and alert members of certain actions. If someone feels they got actionable options because they've been wronged in a PayPal sanctioned transaction by Shep. CC, let them initiate action without prodding and goading from the bystanders.

Last edited:
Where is the culpability of BF staff (whom I normally hold in high regards)
for letting this turd continue to operate here? He does prey on his victims through this site.
I think Rev made his stance on this clear, he wants those burned to be able to contact ShepardCC still.

I do think he shouldn't be able to sell here anymore, until he's made right all those he wronged.

Well, that is a illogical stance at this stage. I could agree with it's premise in most situations IF it was shepards first, or second, or even third issue. It's not by a stretch.
If he is allowed to troll for victims any longer here, well that is shameful. One condones what they continually accept. Same thing for those running the show here. I am not going to post here further, the who!e situation here is somewhat disgusting to me.

Where exactly does one draw the line though, with ShepardCC or anyone else for that matter? If they do it once, fine, but twice, not fine? Loss is less than $25, fine, but more than $25 and you are gone? And how do the mods apply the standard equally across the board? I don't have the answers; just things to think about.

Regardless of the outcome, ShepardCC is gone in my book whether he is banned or not. I will never, EVER, do a deal with him. I don't care what the item is that he is selling and I don't care about its price. In taking that stance, I will never be burned by him. That is the best I can do, but I can only do it for me, not others. Everyone has a choice. If the good folks here choose not to do business with him, then maybe he will take his business elsewhere. If you do choose to do business with him, well, hopefully you will get lucky and have no issues. But YMMV.

I'll report this walking colostomy bag. How's it done? Here to only give excuses and take money from members he deserves all he gets. Not normally my bag but for this guy I'll bend the rules a thief is a thief

Call PayPal and tell them you know of a vendor that is in direct violation of their rules. Give them his email address and let nature take its course.

Anyone who uses PayPal and doesn't think that people abusing the system helps to drive up costs is deluding themself.

I wonder what he'd say if he were asked to ship out the scales and THEN receive payment after arrival? "No Way! That's crazy, no business should be expected to do that! Most would probably pay but some wouldn't, everyone knows that." Now flip the coin. Most makers, the majority will make and send the goods, but some won't. Most will do a flawless job in an expedient manner, some will eventually get around to it, maybe, because they don't take it seriously, and some will have Grandma die and then move to a new shop and who knows what else. Just because they make the products doesn't mean makers are any different than any other segment of the population as a whole. There's a way to do business with guys like this in this forum: Have someone with a sterling reputation hold the money until the maker makes the item. The Forum takes the orders running through it (he can sell elsewhere however he wishes) the BF money holding guy informs him what's required and the maker responds: it should take me "x" amount of days. The deadline comes, no product? The money holder sends the cash back to the buyer and the maker can kick rocks. Who loses? The maker, because he didn't fulfill the transaction. You could charge 05% or a flat rate or something until such a time as the maker is "off BF Probation". Just an idea. You could even stick a "P" by their name here, meaning "On Probation", between the money holding and the "scarlet letter", I predict a quick and speedy return to a proper business outlook by the maker. I got this idea from our local police here who set up a "transaction center" in the cop shop for folks to trade Craigslist stuff.

Regardless of the outcome, ShepardCC is gone in my book whether he is banned or not. I will never, EVER, do a deal with him. I don't care what the item is that he is selling and I don't care about its price. In taking that stance, I will never be burned by him. That is the best I can do, but I can only do it for me, not others.

I think that's the consensus of most everyone who reads GB&U. And that's the PRIME benefit of whoever takes their time to frequent this subforum-- to help make a more informed decision in who they want to conduct business with!

Everyone has a choice

Precisely-- and GB&U, used judiciously, can help everyone make better ones...

Call PayPal and tell them you know of a vendor that is in direct violation of their rules. Give them his email address and let nature take its course.

Anyone who uses PayPal and doesn't think that people abusing the system helps to drive up costs is deluding themself.

If you got proof he violated PayPal's terms of service, that's one thing. If you're just tattling, then you're talking thru your hat and making claims that you may not be able to substantiate-- not cool, IMHO.

However, be careful how you "prove" he's in violation. For example, if your proof is that he required you to use F&F to pay for your handles-- and you did transfer the funds via F&F-- it seems you may have colluded with him. I don't know how PP would look at that. I'm just trying to get everyone to rein it in a bit before they get wrecked or become collateral damage.:eek:

All PayPal has to do is review his transactions to see what he's been doing.

He tells customers to use F&F to pay for his merchandise, that's been verified by screen shots of conversations as well as by members here who have shared their experiences trying to deal with him.

I'm not making claims nor am I talking thru my hat, there has been ample evidence posted here and apparently on eBay about his business practices. I'm not complicit in his thievery because I wouldn't buy anything from him if he were literally the only person left in the world selling what he sells, I don't knowingly buy from thieves and liars and that's what he is.

I've been following this, and it is all VERY sad. :( It's ALL been done before by others and some never get it. VERY sad. :( I just don't get the naivete. To quote the infamous "scarface" "When you gonna learn man?" :rolleyes:

To everyone reading this thread, PLEASE respect the OP, BrentD86 BrentD86 original intention for starting this thread. PLEASE do NOT let it devolve into some off topic bickering among well intention-ed Blade Forum members.

"In hopes that no new members simply read that title (in reference to @emjay4248 flip flop thread) and assume it is safe to deal with this vendor I wanted to post my experience to warn others from making my mistakes. I had heard of some negative experiences with this individual, but read a couple posts that he was doing better and gave him a shot. It was my mistake and I have been around long enough to know better, no excuses for my mistake but take this as a cautionary tale. "

Last edited:
IMG_1391.PNG IMG_1392.PNG IMG_1393.PNG IMG_1392.PNG IMG_1393.PNG
Ok so there was recently a thread where the experience and title was changed from bad to good regarding this vendor. In hopes that no new members simply read that title and assume it is safe to deal with this vendor I wanted to post my experience to warn others from making my mistakes. I had heard of some negative experiences with this individual, but read a couple posts that he was doing better and gave him a shot. It was my mistake and I have been around long enough to know better, no excuses for my mistake but take this as a cautionary tale.

The first convo took place on January 25, 2017. Just checked my paypal to confirm the date.

The the rest of screenshots show my repeated attempts to reach him, there was one in between the first and second screenshot where he asked what material I had ordered. I didn't get that one saved so no evidence of it.

View attachment 725614

View attachment 725615 View attachment 725616

View attachment 725617

View attachment 725618

So op on the 25 of January 17 you started talking to him and it all went down hill from there. Well on feb 15 he has time to ask sal of spyderco for a sprint run tuff but dosent have time for your order. I know I know must be bad emails.
But then in May he posts his books are open, what books are open you still have orders out there don't you? I know I know the packages were sent to the wrong address and are now coming back to you and you'll send his right out.

And even better on June 24 he sells a tuff and a dlc szabo for 450$. Yet still the op dosent have his order. I know I know still learning the new website it can be tricky can't it? Matter of fact it can be as tricky as your business practices. You @ShepardCC should be ashamed of yourself you treat members here like trash. You can provide all the im sorrys and I'm changing my ways you want. The best part of these excuses is you have done it before agian and agian. You treat this forum community as a juice free loan shop. It's sad your provider membership protects you more here Then true knife lovers be it non paying and paying members. You lie about it all and get no punishment. And the people that fall into your trap are out for months at a time if not forever. You need a spot in the hall of shame here and you know it. I read revdevils post about not getting rid of you because the ones you've screwed then would have no avenue to be made right. Tell you what if that's the only thing saving you, I'd tell the few sorry your loss is for the greater good. The only reason you don't have negative feedback here is it's a skewed system and you
Learned once the heats on you how to manipulate it even worse. And don't act like you don't because you do holding a order or promise extras for positive reviews of course you will get the review. The customer just wants their items they paid for months in advance. You
are full of it and have been caught over the pp issue of demanding F&F so your customers have no recourse after you rob them. But the best part is you say you don't ask for F&F and yet many have posted emails and pms of the exact opposite. You are a dishonest business owner and a thief nothing you say can change that. The Photos I provided just to show he knows how this site works to make 450$ and open books and ask spyderco for a sprint run. But can't send a package, can't use email that's been around for years. He's full of crap bet his eyes are brown.

Last edited:
revdevils post about not getting rid of you because the ones you've screwed then would have no avenue to be made right.
The problem is- As long as he is able to continue selling on Bladeforums there will be new members he's screwing waiting for their scales.

To resolve this- Stop his current ability to Sell on Bladeforums. The people he screwed can still contact him and he won't be able to screw new people over. Otherwise he'll continue to do what he's doing without penalty.

Last edited:
Exactly, it is a perpetual cycle that won't end unless he isn't allowed to sell anymore, take new orders, NOTHING until he's made everyone whole. I understand revs intention as well but what about new people continually ordering? That means he won't ever be banned because someone is always waiting for scales.

I pm'd him about a spyderco tuff he had for sale that was priced pretty high. He informed me the going rate is now 425 to 500 for a tuff. I said thanks and goodbye.

Seems like he is a price gouger as well.

Last edited:
Something I have seen on other forums with problem children is the loss of their ability to play in certain areas of a forum. Maybe if access to the sale forums was limited, he could still communicate but not sting others.

Well, after some discussion with 2 other moderators, we agreed that a temp ban would be a good idea. No reason to ban someone from a specific section, when this should drive the point home. Eric has 30 days to get caught up, so to speak if he doesn't the ban will be made permanent. The time for talking is over, now comes the time to start refunding people, or delivering items whatever is agreed upon between the customers and Eric. Also, makers and craftsmen should be the last ones asking for Paypal F&F, I know that 95% of them don't but it should be 100%. Let this be a fair warning to those that are not conducting their transactions on here in a forthright manner. It's our hope that things can get back to normal and this entire thing serve as a lesson to many.

Good decision, and 30 day grace period is generous.
Just curious, where would Eric show that he fulfills the requirement to lift the temp ban?

Back