• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Shepardcc scam

Well, after some discussion with 2 other moderators, we agreed that a temp ban would be a good idea. No reason to ban someone from a specific section, when this should drive the point home. Eric has 30 days to get caught up, so to speak if he doesn't the ban will be made permanent. The time for talking is over, now comes the time to start refunding people, or delivering items whatever is agreed upon between the customers and Eric. Also, makers and craftsmen should be the last ones asking for Paypal F&F, I know that 95% of them don't but it should be 100%. Let this be a fair warning to those that are not conducting their transactions on here in a forthright manner. It's our hope that things can get back to normal and this entire thing serve as a lesson to many.

^ You guys are far too nice, RD. If you would've asked me:

I'm just a professional....
Eric: "I wish you had more time" :D

Last edited:
Anyone notice the demand for F&F payment in those screen shots???
How many times has he denied that now?? 50??
Nothing but a lying POS.
Those screen shots could actually be a template for how so many of his deals go down.
Can't understand people like this. Take a fantastic opportunity and piss all over it. Amazing how he has the balls to come here and 'defend' himself with more lies.
Joe

Wow, those screenshots sure do paint a different person than the one that comes on here to ask for forgiveness... I feel bad for all of the people he has jerked around. I'm guessing after the 30 day slap of the wrist it'll be back to business as usual for this guy. Too bad because it looks like he has loads of talent... sad he treats people like dog do-do.

Sucks as I've known Eric to be a stellar guy and super talented. Honestly think it's a bit off more than he was prepared to chew situation. Revs idea of produce than sell ready made could and would change things for the better and once he's allowed back I hope that's the route he takes.

He has been promising to do just that for years. Not gonna happen.

Sucks as I've known Eric to be a stellar guy and super talented. Honestly think it's a bit off more than he was prepared to chew situation. Revs idea of produce than sell ready made could and would change things for the better and once he's allowed back I hope that's the route he takes.

He has been promising to do just that for years. Not gonna happen.

Well, needless to say I hope you're wrong, but the skepticism is warranted. When you come across someone this talented it's hard not to hope they get their sh$# together once they mess up. Time away and getting his ducks in a row, well, I would be hard pressed not to hope he comes out doing it right next time.

Agreed and I was saying the same thing over a year ago when he told me he would stop taking custom orders. He was going to make the most popular scales and put them up for sale when they were completed.
A month after telling me that, couple of more threads just like this one.
It seems they all play out the same exact way.
F&F payment. 3 week promise of delivery. The e mailing starts after a month when you don't hear from him a week after promised delivery. Takes him a week to answer and comes at you with a sarcastic attitude.
Usually about 2 months of this, then the bullshit starts......made the wrong scale. Shipped, but he sent it to someone else. Not getting e mails or PMs.
It finally shows, usually bout 4 months, with some free stuff and promises of how his ways are going to change.
Again, and again and again.
I lost faith.
Joe

Okay first post in this area and first transaction with Eric, from our messages at 2am-3am the day I decided to place my order with him to the day my scale showed up was just about 2 weeks. That in my opinion is pretty good for a custom scale as I've had other scales made here that have taken over a month to get to me. We talked on Facebook and everything went smoothly. I hope this is how he continues to be, but as I said, it's my first experience with him and it was positive. Here's a quick shot of the frag scale he made for me. Quality work, feels and looks like factory work.....keep it up Eric.

Thanks again,
Harrison

Attachments

• IMG_9808.PNG
    IMG_9808.PNG
    225.3 KB · Views: 74
Since the consensus seems to be that he is a talented maker and for that very reason the-powers-that-be have given him 30 days to get his current back log cleared up, plus streamlining his whole lead time and delivery processes; it's not like he's been completely shut out of the action on here.

In the meantime, he still does business on the Big Auction Site and those who choose to not wait till he completes the purgatory timeout on here (hopefully) successfully, will perhaps be better protected under the rules of that Site. If he heeds to the rules on here and respects the clients he gets from here, he should apply the same rules of payment/delivery to them as he does by the rules of the other Site.

spyderHS08 spyderHS08
What method did you use to pay for them?
Gift....I offered gift option first though as I'm cheap and didn't want to add the 3% if he asked. Granted I didn't do my homework and discovered this thread after I placed my order... But the fact he kept communication with me and provided tracking reassured me.
I've done lots of transactions around the forums with gift option and haven't had any issues. I know I know there's no protection etc...but my deal worked out. Hopefully this is how he will deal with others from now on as well!

spyderHS08 spyderHS08 : with all due respect, these things work out till that one time when they don't and if that should happen, the feeling of being taken is not the greatest feeling. Also at the expense of repeating myself, a business like PayPal which employs the top shelf people in every aspect of their business is fully aware that it gets cheated by F&F payments and whatever their internal pain tolerance threshold is, the way they combat that is by increasing fees and passing on their shorted revenue onto every one else who plays by the rules.

Eric, if you read this I hope this helps you and gives you some guidance:

As a professional seller of other merchandise (totally unrelated this knife world) on that Big Site, I am completely familiar with how that business is done, understand and differentiate the differences. That Site to me is a marketplace where I abide by their rules, present and hawk my wares, make a living but seldom make friends and acquaintances. This place is a community center for a hobby where I have gained a lot of knowledge for FREE, have made lots of great connections with extremely nice folks who are complete strangers in real life, but folks who do not hesitate to help me and many like myself. Do not have double standards by being absent minded to your customers on here or bringing up that tired and old "dog ate my email" excuse, while over there you will have to abide since your feet are kept to the fire. Apply the same level of professionalism on here irrespective as to whether you are bound over there by some more stringent rules.

If you decide to pay through F&F, always use a credit card. With a credit card you usually have up to 6 months to do a chargeback, and since the seller has no seller protection (and isn't supposed to be selling merchandise through F&F anyway),they pretty much have no recourse. If they try to open a dispute then PP will just tell them to pound sand since they did not sell through the proper avenue (G&S).

If you decide to pay through F&F, always use a credit card. With a credit card you usually have up to 6 months to do a chargeback, and since the seller has no seller protection (and isn't supposed to be selling merchandise through F&F anyway),they pretty much have no recourse. If they try to open a dispute then PP will just tell them to pound sand since they did not sell through the proper avenue (G&S).

Or the option you should use first be a honest person and just use G&S

Thanks spyderHSO8. So you got Lucky.

We were here Last year talking about the same Problem with Shepardcc scams. And at least 2 more time since then to this.

Rev threw the trash out. If he wants to behave he'll be back. If not Bladeforums is a better place without him.

Back