Shiv. Shiv. Shiv.

Just in today. A little bigger in the hand than I thought, it’s a sweet piece of steel. Along with an awesome PirtleMade sheath to help complement it.

Pretty amazed at how far back Nathan was able to get the balance point. As well as how light in the hand for its size. Pretty awesome!

IMG_3133.jpegIMG_3134.jpegIMG_3138.jpegIMG_3151.jpeg

For size comparisons

IMG_3140.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, I retrieved a white box from my doorstep earlier today but couldn't really enjoy its contents until within the last hour or so. Pesky work conferences and all...

All I have to say once unwrapping everything somewhat unceremoniously is:

zAm9Iy2.gif

I went with Nathan's recommended buildout with some added bling of the blue variety. I have no regrets with my choices and I am thinking that this "just for fun" CPK acquisition is probably going to turn into a "look at all the things I can do with this beast" sort of tool. It feels great, it looks fantastic, and I feel super pumped when I whip it out and wave it around like an idiot who just discovered puberty.

I love, love, love the attention to detail. The spine transitions alone are a marvel and the handle just disappears and melts in the hand. I like my UF2 but this handle takes it to that next level and it's awesome!

The photo gods weren't really with me today but I gave it a go anyway with some questionable lighting.

asmhf7n.jpg

LN5bd5K.jpg

6RU9HPV.jpg

Gp0OVfD.jpg

kdBrmyk.jpg

Well, I retrieved a white box from my doorstep earlier today but couldn't really enjoy its contents until within the last hour or so. Pesky work conferences and all...

zAm9Iy2.gif

I went with Nathan's recommended buildout with some added bling of the blue variety. I have no regrets with my choices and I am thinking that this "just for fun" CPK acquisition is probably going to turn into a "look at all the things I can do with this beast" sort of tool. It feels great, it looks fantastic, and I feel super pumped when I whip it out and wave it around like an idiot who just discovered puberty.

I love, love, love the attention to detail. The spine transitions alone are a marvel and the handle just disappears and melts in the hand. I like my UF2 but this handle takes it to that next level and it's awesome!

The photo gods weren't really with me today but I gave it a go anyway with some questionable lighting.

asmhf7n.jpg

LN5bd5K.jpg

6RU9HPV.jpg

Gp0OVfD.jpg

kdBrmyk.jpg
Fantastic blade, great pictures, amazing write up!! Well played, Sir! This quote in particular I can related with/to:
"It feels great, it looks fantastic, and I feel super pumped when I whip it out and wave it around like an idiot who just discovered puberty."

😁

zAm9Iy2.gif

asmhf7n.jpg

LN5bd5K.jpg

6RU9HPV.jpg

Gp0OVfD.jpg

kdBrmyk.jpg
Awesome! I’m so glad that I splurged on the ECAM ! Can’t wait!

Awesome! I’m so glad that I splurged on the ECAM ! Can’t wait!
It really is excellent and this is the perfect knife for it, in my opinion. Functionally, aesthetically, and even from a company history point of view. I personally really like this combination.

It's wonderful material. Most likely Westinghouse, given its age, appearance and the application, but there's really no way to be sure because I'm processing these scales from an already machined shape, so there are no labels on it. I bought all of it that I could get my hands on but I have used about half of it and the rate of consumption has been going up so I worry it isn't going to last us forever and it is irreplaceable. This is one of the reasons I acquired that international paper micarta, because it's also pretty good stuff, although there's really nothing quite like the original Westinghouse. The resin is more translucent, I believe because there's no fillers in it. The textiles are fully wetted, so it is not fuzzy after machining. It is harder, probably because of this, and you can see the difference when machining it on the load meter on the machine. It's not only beautiful, with a nice tactile quality, it's probably the most durable material that we offer, and it is particularly well suited for the Shiv.

It's wonderful material. Most likely Westinghouse, given its age, appearance and the application, but there's really no way to be sure because I'm processing these scales from an already machined shape, so there are no labels on it. I bought all of it that I could get my hands on but I have used about half of it and the rate of consumption has been going up so I worry it isn't going to last us forever and it is irreplaceable. This is one of the reasons I acquired that international paper micarta, because it's also pretty good stuff, although there's really nothing quite like the original Westinghouse. The resin is more translucent, I believe because there's no fillers in it. The textiles are fully wetted, so it is not fuzzy after machining. It is harder, probably because of this, and you can see the difference when machining it on the load meter on the machine. It's not only beautiful, with a nice tactile quality, it's probably the most durable material that we offer, and it is particularly well suited for the Shiv.
Dammit now I have to try for another.

Back