Shot show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Face it, it's the original rendering of the Mr. DP version, no matter how bad you don't want it to be.

Okay. You win. Just sell it when you get it; which you have already decided to to do. Just leave it alone already.:eek:

Whoa whoa... ok sorry ESEERATFAN, it wasn't my intention to have you blow up. I was just pointing out that you didn't HAVE to order, and you could have changed your order. Sorry for the jerkit, it wasn't meant to wind you up.

Agreed - Back on topic. :thumbup:

Apology accepted.

That jerk it smiley really pisses me off. As do people like Tripton.

I'm pretty darn sure this is the original rendering of the Production copy Hest/F.

The production copy rendering was the only one that had the skull on the handle and the design of the tool for the production always had the shape shown.

The MR Dp. version rendering had the MR DP graphics on the blade, but didn't have the same finish or the white/black look of the actual LE MR. DP as produced.

I'm still looking to see if I saved the PDF's for the production and LE knives that were on the DPXGear website (wish I had made sure to save those now before the website was changed).

http://dpgear.com/img/HEST_folder_specsheet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What I've learned through all of this is to never express disappointment in a knife purchase.

If you do, you'll be called a whiny bitch by other members and mods.

And here is a copy of the original rendering of the MR DP LE.

38668_123837087661838_100001066425283_137144_4581383_n.jpg

Face it, it's the original rendering of the Mr. DP version, no matter how bad you don't want it to be.

it's definitely the rendering for the production version, im sure tomso will confirm that. the reason for the number is because it is a rendering. and i thought it was very clear the the mr.dp version had that graphics?

I wish the production version had the skull graphic on the handle like my HEST folder.

For those of you who don't like it, you do realize it's on the handle. The part where you hand goes and covers the skull graphic?:D Just kidding!

It's not a dealbreaker for me though. I ordered a LE(sterile) and a production version.

:thumbup:

Do production knives come with the box in sterile pictures?

I'm pretty confident to say that the survival tin/packaging is only for the Limited Edition knives.

I expect the production version to have simple cardboard packaging.

I gotta say, i kinda agree, that crap on the blade is pretty terrible, I'm pretty stoked that I'm getting a regular production version, don't need the fancy box, piece of wood or special tool either. Throw that sucker (edit: +special tool) in a fedex envelope with my receipt and ship the damn thing already so I don't have to read through this blog for shipping updates anymore. :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

Last edited:
I gotta say, i kinda agree, that crap on the blade is pretty terrible, I'm pretty stoked that I'm getting a regular production version, don't need the fancy box, piece of wood or special tool either. Throw that sucker in a fedex envelope with my receipt and ship the damn thing already so I don't have to read through this blog for shipping updates anymore. :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

regular production comes with its own special tool too. :D

Big-time thanks to Lunde for all the great pix. I sure wish I could come out there myself; I want one of the Lionsteel SR-1s!! I'd be in sooo much trouble at a gun/knife show!!

the idea of doing a concept rendering is so that customers can weigh in on what works for them and what doesn't. The final knife has been photographed and published here. I didn't like the way the line art reproduced on the G10 so I decided not to put it on there until I get it just right. There will be plenty more knives made and we will have fun with certain runs. If there are enough folks that really want the G10 engraved with Mr DP I will have some made up and we can show you how they are replaced. Ultimately its about getting the mix just right. So you guys have been very helpful in weighing in on what works. That doesn't mean that I don't get to do what works for me :)

In any case people who get pissed because they don't like a knife they didn't buy is kinda of an odd waste of energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back