Should PayPal Gift Option be permitted for sales?

Should the PayPal Gift Option be permitted for sales here at Bladeforums?

• Yes, continue to allow it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ban it.

Not because it violates PayPal's rules -- we aren't responsible for enforcing any outside business's rules.

But because it leads too many of our own new people to fall into the trap, and they end up without the protection they thought they were still getting.

i like selling and buying using the "goods" option. and the price i ask is the paypaled price, no add 3-4% stuff people ask.

i personally would never buy a knife over say $100 using the gift option. everyone ive ever dealt with on here has been really great but its nice having the extra protection!

ive been screwed in the past before over some (expensive) car parts using paypal. and it was a "reputable" company.

BUT with that said i do not think there should be a rule against it. plus there really wouldnt be a way for mods to enforce it being you could discuss using the "gift" option through PM's and they cant see your personal paypal account.

Yeah, it's kind of hard for the forum to ban such things, but it was done in another forum I frequent that is very similar in size and scope of BladeForums. It was simply put in the rules for posting items for sale, then if the mods caught it, the sale ad would be deleted.

I won't go into my rant like I did in the other thread, but my position is a seller should not ask for the gift option, and certainly not ask the buyer to pay his/her seller PayPal fees.

Sellers not adding fees into their asking price should be banned as well. I refrain as much as possible from anyone who wants 3 or 4% to cover their fees.

Why not allow it? It should be a personal choice, buyer beware.

Sellers not adding fees into their asking price should be banned as well. I refrain as much as possible from anyone who wants 3 or 4% to cover their fees.

I just set my price to one I am comfortable with, including that 3%. No reason to mention it specifically. No reason to punish a seller for the sake of a bargain.

It should be at the option of the buyer, they can decide if they trust someone enough to use it. HOWEVER, the baloney about gift or add 3-4% needs to go.

Never understood that 3% either.

just give me a total price and let me pay it right?

The 2.9%+$0.30 fee is a few buckeros normally and avoids any issue with Paypal. Would be nice if they only accepted Paypal to include the amount in the price and use the correct rate. I swear I've seen 4%, which on a $$$$ knife adds up.

Though when it comes down to it, it should be up to the buyer/seller. Better disclosure and communication are key here.

It should be at the option of the buyer, they can decide if they trust someone enough to use it. HOWEVER, the baloney about gift or add 3-4% needs to go.

+1 to that.

It should be up to the buyer and seller. But too many people don't realize they lose protection by "saving" the seller that few bucks. Also, they may want the knife so bad they go along with the terms.

All a waste of attention span. How much do you want for the knife? Add in $8 for shipping, add in $4 for PayPal. Quote the total to the buyer "to your door". Simple. Pay the man, enjoy your new knife.

It should be up to the buyer and seller. But too many people don't realize they lose protection by "saving" the seller that few bucks. Also, they may want the knife so bad they go along with the terms.

All a waste of attention span. How much do you want for the knife? Add in $8 for shipping, add in $4 for PayPal. Quote the total to the buyer "to your door". Simple. Pay the man, enjoy your new knife.

Exactly.

That's so crazy it just might work! ;):rolleyes:

Ban it.

Not because it violates PayPal's rules -- we aren't responsible for enforcing any outside business's rules.

But because it leads too many of our own new people to fall into the trap, and they end up without the protection they thought they were still getting.

I agree. A lot of people don't realize what they give when they use PayPal gift.

Let it be.
I believe that my feedback, and that of others, speaks for itself. If you choose to refuse to do business with me or others due to my payment method, that is your choice. I would not want to be told how I can accept payment for items I choose to sell.

Let it be.
I believe that my feedback, and that of others, speaks for itself. If you choose to refuse to do business with me or others due to my payment method, that is your choice. I would not want to be told how I can accept payment for items I choose to sell.

Agreed, right here. I think buyers should make informed decisions and have explained it to several who were deciding how they were going to pay me for something. I like it when they know all the pros and cons of both options. I'd prefer BF didn't make rules, but will abide if they do.

Back