Show me your Throwing Projectiles!

Pics of projectiles you throw like nails, machete, knives, screwdriver etc etc etc.......

Mine:
17718104341.jpg

17718151264.jpg

Soon me son soon . I have to get a usb port befroe I do , Nice knives . Terrible pic . Can you zoom out a bit ?

R . Ellis nice knives . With that long thin point they must be fairly hard or do they bend occasionaly and you just straighten them out ?

Cheap and good bunch eh? thats the way!

Sweet set BTWR Ellis! Those knives will surely have a good weight on it. Mine should be considered light and thin in the knife throwing world

No they don't bend nor break. These are the real thing. Not knife shaped objects. I have thrown this model since the early 70's and have never broke one. There is a difference and it becomes apparent when you get a real one in your hands. Good throwing knives are available. They are not cheap, but offer a lifetime of service. Having a good knife or set gives you a feeling of respect for them and they become cherished tools that you look after.

You wanna see long and pointy? Take a look at this set. They have never been thrown (cost too much). They have been out of production since the 80's I have wondered how the tips would hold up. I would like to hear from some one who has thrown this model.
case_throwers305.jpg

Oh my mistake, i thought those pics you posted here is the one i quoted. My bad....

These babies are gana last you your lifetime! All the rich throwing history it holds within......

what can I say I learned with these as a kid.

$5.49 Lifetime guarantee free replacement no questions asked and handy to have in the tool box. :D :D

HPIM0982.jpg

Bors said:
what can I say I learned with these as a kid.

$5.49 Lifetime guarantee free replacement no questions asked and handy to have in the tool box. :D :D

HPIM0982.jpg

LOL. thats the cheapest solution around. Bet u broke the plactic handle before eh:cool:

AtomSphere said:
LOL. thats the cheapest solution around. Bet u broke the plactic handle before eh:cool:

Maybe one or two LOL.
Actually the handle is surprisingly resilient and it's great for teaching kids the basics.

Kevin the grey said:
Atmosphere , what kind of knives are the first three in the second pic .

you mean these?
17912350728.jpg

the 1st 3 are skyhawk 440 stainless steel. (thats what is stated there)

The skyhawks are too light for me and i can't really have a good feel of its mass sometimes but you can throw it very quickly with that weight:D
I prefer throwing the United Cutlery set more but it might be considered way too light for others

Fling thang out tha' yin yang.

yin-yang_framed2.jpg

5160 differentially hardened and tempered. Devestating chopper and hard hitting thrower.

While I would one day like to own a cutom made set of throwing knives I am quite content to throw my present assortment for now . My nicest ones are nondescript in appearance . Heavy solid and due to their nature harder than most throwers . They are made from tank armor . They do tend to chew up a target . Perhaps because they are so heavy . I,ll try to post a pic . That may be difficult for now as one of my buddies borrowed them . They are not much to look at though they are almost indestructible .

Me second set are three S:K:S: bayonets . They need modification . They also throw and stick very well .

Two or three hawks and a few odd small throwers round out my motley crew . I have a couple of marlin spikes I throw but they do not rotate well . This may be due to their heavy handle/extreme taper .

R. Ellis said:
Fling thang out tha' yin yang.

yin-yang_framed2.jpg

5160 differentially hardened and tempered. Devestating chopper and hard hitting thrower.

is the CG(center of gravity) balanced on that piece? I never threw an off balanced piece before and don't know how they would react.

Maybe its the same as filling a bottle of water to 3/4 and throwing it upwards?:confused:
I noted it rotates kindda uppredictable (maybe i am just so used to balanced stuff)

AtomSphere said:
Pics of projectiles you throw like nails, machete, knives, screwdriver etc etc etc.......

000cdsts

Cold Steel Trail Hawk, Cold Steel Rifleman's Hawk, and a couple of rewrapped Cold Steel True Flight Throwers.

Cold Steel products seem to be the only decent and widely available throwers in my parts...

I don't get it? where else is there to balance, but in the center?:D This one balances on the finger right forward of the choil. The blade is forged and has a distal taper. That might be why the blade looks longer than it should. As a general rule, a blade heavy knife it thrown by the handle. A handle heavy knife its thrown by the blade. A hawk is the most unbalanced thing there is, but it is easy to throw. Screw drivers are handle heavy and throw best by the blade. Balance is really not necessary. I know that sounds blasfemous, but learning how an item acts in flight is more important than it being, qoute, balanced. look at those Case 305's above. Very blade heavy. (weight forward)

Here is a pic of a bowie axe clone I am making for a friends birthday. Distal taper, taperd tang. Definatly blade heavy. Definatly a handle thrower. Balances at the little choil notch. Real one on the right
bowie_axe_Jack2.jpg
bowie_axe4.jpg

Nice simple designs . Is the last one with the handle the finished product or is the one before it a separate knife with a tang handle ?

Back