Show me your Throwing Projectiles!

Is that patch knife etched into the blade ? What an incredible knife .

Your grandma drawing is superb . Why is she always missing her target ? L:O:L

I am pretty sure in a case like this the object is to miss the object....hahahaha
knife.jpg

R. Ellis said:
I am pretty sure in a case like this the object is to miss the object....hahahaha
knife.jpg

Thats some Grandma .

What about the patch knife motif on your knife ? Is it etched or rengraved ?

It is just laying on the blade. I took the pic originally to showcase the little knife. a520 layer Alabama damaskus blacksmith knife. It belongs to my friend Buddy Thomason now.

What an interesting effect . Superb knives as well . The blacksmith knife looks designed to be a flint striker as well . Nice curve to it .

Any more pics of grandma ? L:O:L

R. Ellis said:
When I was young , I use to buy those mild steel, stamped out, suede wrapped handled knives they sold in the backs of magazines. They looked good in the pics, but when they came in the mail you could bend them into a horseshoe with your bare hands. After I got my first real one and threw it for the first time, I knew I had been taken for a fool.
Me too, I was disgusted when I had it in my hands. My dad later bought me one from somewhere, long and thin, with a leather sheath that said 501 Thrower or something similar. It was the knife used in the movie "Prizzi's Honor", when Jack skewers Katherine. That one held shape and lasted through many, many throws until it was lost.

Here is another. A semi vintage Blackjack thrower. I think it is called a Bullseye. I throw it occasionally. Not bad. Well tempered and a deep sticker. Handle was originally wrapped with 16 gage plastic coated copper wire. It left the little squiggly lines on the steel under the wrap.
blackjack_thrower1.jpg

Atom, I would count them, if I could find them all.

No one else have anything to show?

Its about the size of a pencil (as shown) I am also going to sharpen it soon so i can actually throw it. I also use a screwdriver that is about hte same length.

picture004xe5.jpg

Its about the size of a pencil (as shown) I am also going to sharpen it soon so i can actually throw it. I also use a screwdriver that is about hte same length.

picture004xe5.jpg

you might wana try those huge nails and just file off their heads (or backside?)

i love throwing knives....if u want a real throwing ax checkout throwingknives.com and find the BEIL AX it's the best i've ever used and i have used over 40 i guesstimate

Thanks for that tip fircekiller. Atom, those look good painted black.

I think it should go without a disclaimer, but NEVER, EVER throw at a human target like in the examples above. Safety first when practicing the sport. It is dangerous enough with ricochettes and bounce backs. Please use caution and be safe while throwing.

Back