Show off your sebbies

Originally posted by tom mayo
geez James...............no wonder Chris has such a nice truck!!! :eek:

...and no wonder I drive a POS car!

Hey Tom, I tried to email you about BAKCA and such but it got bounced back. Drop me a email if you are coming to town, take care.

Well, I want to...............havent made up my mind yet.

Road Runner is having problems out here in the middle of the pacific!! :(

sebenza-2-o.jpg

I picked up these two at the 2002 Bladeshow as trades. I really like trading knives, Someone got two knives they wanted and I got two new knives.

Rich

I just have a regular small, double thumbstud. Nothing special and it's one of my 3 EDC (the 2 others being 2 EKI Mini-Commanders.) I'm considering getting a big one for when I go camping.

wow, shootz and junkyard beautiful seebies, i think i might need pick up a damascus one....

Here's one you don't see everyday... mokume inlay and Reeve emblem.

Attachments

• img_0211.jpg
    img_0211.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 138
...and another cr@ppy photo, but a closeup of the mokume

Attachments

• img_0203.jpg
    img_0203.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 99
Not sure what you mean by "in house". Surely not in MY house! ;) I don't have the machinery to mill that pocket or perfectly cut that inlay.

Reeve told me during either Guild 1999 or Guild 2000 (the two shows have run together in my head) that he only made 3 of these. Knife is marked PP up near the little mokume Reeve emblem near the pivot. I don't know if that means prototype or what.

He couldn't remember who made the mokume.

I later spotted some Devin Thomas mokume that looked identical, so it could be Devin's.

I think it's an ATS-34 blade, but it's obviously the newer style Sebbie, so for some of you officionados, that might nail down the year it was made. I bought it from a dealer, so it wasn't new in 1999 or 2000.

Why he didn't call Umfaans a mini Sebenza I don't know because thats basically what they are, but there is a small Sebbie in the group so hopefully y'all will appreciate them...just got these in a trade the other night.

umf3.jpg

They're from a gentleman who "was" a CRK collector who has decided to go upper-end customs...and I had just happened to have a custom that impressed him...:cool:

WOW!!! Talk about standing my for the brown truck!! I would be camped out at the nearest UPS hub for that package Congrats!!

Back