Show the factory knives you've customized ... part 2

finally started on my Karambit project...Emerson Production backspacer :

Karambit.JPG

ring.JPG

about 80% done...stalled until I get my Dremel Repaired to finish the inside of the ring and then the new scales will be started...either Silver G10 or CF . :D

like to thank CP for giving me the inspiration to mod out my productions...I owe you a few drinks whenever we meet sir.

Originally posted by the45guy
...I owe you a few drinks whenever we meet sir.

That's a plan, Blade West?

I'm not much of a drinker any more (got it out of my system in college) but it's Black & Tans, Bourbon Manhatten's or Scotch on the Rocks ;)

Thanks!

PS: The Karambit looks awesome! Can't wait to see the finished product. I have 3 Dremel's and an air grinder so I always have a back-up - screw getting yours fixed just get another one ;)

I have heard that the Fordham knock off that Harbor Freight sells is not too bad - pretty cheap too!

actually it was a small part that broke..there is a splined peice of tubing that connects the dremel motor to the chuck... $1.25 part direct from Dremel. Parts arrived today (( I got a spare )).

Whatever you drink...Blade West it is !

the kind folks at Dremel got me my $1.25 part ASAP.... didnt even charge me shipping !!

Finally got her all fitted up and done :

Karambit%20full%20spacer.jpg

Sweet!

I really like the satin finished look :)

heres some I've done:
BM700 makeover
fbd44fbc.jpg

spyderco gunting
fdd95ccb.jpg

CRKT 7
fdd95cd0.jpg

Buck/Strider
fdd95cdc.jpg

Gerber/Walker
fdf1b3d7.jpg

BM970
fdf7088f.jpg

yeah its just black/black and blue/blue. Just thinks how sweet black/green G10 would look!!!!:eek:
Todd

finally got back from a business trip..needed to unwind. I got one side of the scales done in CF...and polished the heck out of the inside of the ring area.

now onto the other side before this Psark gets here :D

cf2.JPG

Sweet job on the Carbon Fiber and that ring looks smooth as glass! Have you tried the stainless torx screws yet?

Here's a Benchmade Model 31 that I chopped the latch and handles on, did this last year and never posted it to this thread.

attachment.php

modding out Emersons is so addictive !

The boss gave me an extra day off , making it a 4 day weekend.
Had these 2 peices of Silver G10 laying around......

Silver%20Karambit.jpg

Also got started on my PSARK project. AL backspacer and CF scales. About 70 % or so done with that one :D

Waved CQC7 next ? :confused:

That's Silver G-10 :confused: :eek:

Looks sweet and more like CF.

I butchered a BM 42 Bali tonight, was adding some scales to it, 90% finished and while I was sanding down the pins I let one of them burn the orange G-10, looks like a tumor now... well you win some and you lose some :barf:

It was going to be alternating orange and CF with 6 stainless pins in each handle.

Thats what silver G10 looks like? I have to agree with cpirtle and
say that looks alot like CF. Very cool looking.:cool:
-Kevin

Back