Show us your Randalls

Just received this 1-7 in O1 with rosewood border patrol handle from AG Russell. It's real purty but I want to put a proper edge in it. It's not the sharpest blade. My model 14 arrived hair popping sharp.

Speaking of Border Patrol grips, my 5-year wait is over.

DSC03421_zpsa7ec5ans.jpg

RMK Non-catalog Fireman - 4" x .250" forged 440B stainless blade with thumb notches - Nickel-silver single guard - Border Patrol grip in geen-u-wine Westinghouse "Old-Yeller" micarta with a lined lanyard hole. Brown leather sheath.

DSC03422_zpslrmbpshg.jpg

DSC03423_zpsv1cszrtd.jpg

DSC03424_zps3nnezmz9.jpg

DSC03425_zpsr8dotzuf.jpg

It almost wasn't going to be. Time came to pay and I'd had to dip into the funds for a minor household emergency. I figured I'd just let it go to the store and let someone else enjoy it. And frankly, I had been a bit underwhelmed with how the Walnut 12-9 and Gambler came out. I actually ended up trading them in for a #1-8 and #2-7 in standard leather stack grips. So I felt it wouldn't be much of a loss.

The due date came and went, and I let it go. Then I received a call from Randall letting me know that I had a little time. Someone inside me yelled "You been waitin' 5 years, dangit! Make it happen!"

So I did. And I'm glad. It came out great. Thanks to the folks at RMK.

That is a clean, classic looking blade. I'm curious to know why no spacers? Preston

Edit to add...I see that model doesn't come with spacers:D

P1050391_zpshztmrifc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Here is my model 16 Diver.Got this second hand in a trade.It did come with the original waxed sheath,but since this was to be a user,it needed something better.
Does show some minor spotting from use,very sharp and more than good to go!
Scabbard made from 1 1/4 inch poly pipe,the straps came from a mate that had some spares.Keeper for handle is 3/16 shock cord,ends knotted with heatshrink over the top to give something to hold on to.Easy and quick to make,safe and secure.Hollow grind is very shallow,which is good for this type of tool.Used it to knock the top off a few coconuts for the niece,no worries!On a recent fishing trip,it only showed a little staining due to the 30 degree C saltwater.Cleaned up a treat.Now I can retire my little 28!

My 5-6 and I on an overlook, on the way up Boney Mountain (Santa Monica Mountains):
348n520.jpg

From the peak:

10frrjn.jpg

fw17qr.jpg

A shot of the 5-6 the day before the climb, being touched up:
23j1s08.jpg

Cool photos, Aias. Perfect knife for the occasion. :thumbup:

Cool photos, Aias. Perfect knife for the occasion. :thumbup:

Thanks! And agreed--light and small enough not to get in the way, but big enough to handle all kinds of tasks if need be. And I think it's pretty good lookin too!

Back