• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Sketchen Scales Customs

BOOKS CLOSED FOR NOW. ANYONE WHO HAS INQUIRED ABOUT SCALES IS ON THE LIST. I WILL CONTACT YOU IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER WHEN YOUR TURN IS UP.

Thanks for all the support and orders guys!
My scales are all handmade in the USA, no CNC here. I pride myself on attention to detail and great communication. No payment required until work is complete and ready to ship. Satisfaction guaranteed.

I am not currently offering scales for frn spydercos or griptilians. Most other knives with liners are fair game.

I'm happy to use most materials other than metals and carbon/glass fiber.
G10, micarta, wood, juma, ctek, kirinite and more are all fair game.

Prices discussed via email and depend on the knife, materials, and specific requests.

The best way to reach me is email: sketchenscales at gmail.com

I've attached pictures from my instagram page which can be viewed directly under username spketch or on this site:http://websta.me/n/spketch

Thanks for looking!
-Steve

_20140615_100839.jpg_20140615_100922.jpg_20140615_100739.jpg_20140615_094819.jpg_20140615_100619.jpg

Last edited:
Steve is an awesome guy to work with, and he does great hand finished work. His scales have soul, something cnc can't replicate. Here's some of the work he's done for me.

Can you make scales for a Spyderco Perrin PPT I love how the Gayle Bradley came out and have been searching for something similar, a slimmer smoother option my knife.

Can you make scales for a Spyderco Perrin PPT I love how the Gayle Bradley came out and have been searching for something similar, a slimmer smoother option my knife.

Sure can. Send me and email at sketchenscales@gmail and we can iron out the details.

Thanks Coiledwire! I still need to work on getting pictures as nice as yours though.

I now call Steve "The Master" , first an old, old, Browning ATS 34, 610 formally in Worn G-10 scales. Now sexy Maple..
Next a Benchmade 740 Lum, again originally black worn G-10 scales.. This is an eye catcher. Everyone who sees it, wants it, but only one person has a chance, that's Steve. Why, because Steve will become your friend, he cares and it shows. His prices are lower than they should be and his quality is amazing. I have over, well over 500 custom sets of scales on various knives, and honestly Steve's are the best in every manner. Fair, honest quote, reliable turn around and the look is separate from any you have ever seen. Steve is a Knife Knut, but best yet a good guy. He is a source of knife information and certainly willing to share. With that I wish Steve, his wife and his young son Dillon a great future, one you can be proud of and certainly Steve will earn your business. Give him a try, you will be amazed.

knives 108.jpgknives 112.jpgknives 104.jpgknives 116.jpgknives 102.jpg

Agree. Steve makes a great product. Just put on my Southard scales and here they are.

Thank you Treeshaker. I was impressed and honestly surprised by the quality of that browning. Nice knife made nicer with some osage orange.

Xxdrpxx, your southard is looking good! Love that snakeskin juma.

Take my word for it, folks, Steve's scales are as good as it gets. His fit and finish are flawless. I took my Ivory Snake Juma Southard into a CRK dealer near me and blew the owner away with it. He said it looks like a factory job it's so perfect. Even my wife loves it, and she's not a knife person. If you've got a Southard, you NEED one of Steve's aftermarket scales. It will completely transform your knife. Check out what Silver Twill did for this Southard (courtesy of evilgreg):

y8VKd1z.jpg

HO4slRI.jpg

:eek: :thumbup: :thumbup: :D

Last edited:
Just requested that Steve make an ironwood burl scale for my Domino similar to this one. He responded to my email request right away and I'm looking forward to receiving this beauty:

2DEF66EB-458B-4D99-81DA-80D9EA75CF3E-516-0000002B9FAC49BC_zps2ed2dcf3.jpg

Last edited:
Can you do scales for folders with nested liners? I have a few large CS Voyagers I would like to have rescaled.

Back