Small flashlight with magnetic tail

Regarding batteries, BUY GOOD BATTERIES!

Vaping has seen good batteries become available more widely than just a few years ago. Do not buy batteries from Amazon or eBay! Both are overrun with fakes that can cause fires.

Vapecell is a good brand that can be found at larger Vape Shops. Samsung and Molicel are top brands that are widely available too! For people not super familiar with modern Lithium batteries, staying with these brands will keep your wallet safe and avoid hazardous batteries.

I will throw out a mention of SureFire and NiteCore brand batteries with built-in USB charging on the battery as a good option for some but, they are relatively expensive and have lower storage capacities. They are protected batteries though so, better for children or people who are careless around high-power batteries like these modern 18650/21700/26650 options.

Storage capacity is mah which is the size of the "gas tank". Most modern batteries will do 15A sustained so unless you are running a specialized flashlight requiring more power, you will be good. I have some batteries that will do 40A each and battery carriers that will do 4 in parallel and exceed 40A easily which is an unreasonable power level for most general-use flashlights, not to mention needing welding gloves for usage!

What ties to what military?
Those came from a company in Canada several years ago.....
A bit of web browsing suggests that the company that sells them is in Canada and purports to make them there, but they are actually made in China. They seem to have multiple web sites in multiple countries.
But I have yet to find a link to the Chinese military. But this showed up,:
1707710778602.png

What ties to what military?
Those came from a company in Canada several years ago.....

They are made by the company that makes and sells flashlights to the Chinese military. They ODM them for a lot of other companies that "claim" they make them. They are the flashlights issued to Chinese soldiers along with some Weltool models.

I don't want to support the Chinese Military complex so, I won't buy them when a good alternative is readily available.

A bit of web browsing suggests that the company that sells them is in Canada and purports to make them there, but they are actually made in China. They seem to have multiple web sites in multiple countries.
But I have yet to find a link to the Chinese military. But this showed up,:
View attachment 2492443

Yep, military PRC products. Flashlight geeks have gone down this rabbit hole. I'm not surprised to see South Africa repping them with their support for Russia, Hamas, and other bad actors. They thrive where corruption thrives.

They are made by the company that makes and sells flashlights to the Chinese military. They ODM them for a lot of other companies that "claim" they make them. They are the flashlights issued to Chinese soldiers along with some Weltool models.
I have yet to see any actual proof of this.
The same could be said about the phone or computer you are using.
Are you going to stop using those too?
I hear that the Chinese military computers pose a far greater threat than the flashlight that a soldiers may have in his pocket....

I have yet to see any actual proof of this.
The same could be said about the phone or computer you are using.
Are you going to stop using those too?
I hear that the Chinese military computers pose a far greater threat than the flashlight that a soldiers may have in his pocket....

How many Chinese flashlights have you seen and handled? How many circuit cards have you looked at?

Cellphones, tablets, and computers for my house generally come from Korea.

I am not anti-Chinese regarding small businesses selling quality products but, I also consider dual-use companies and those that have a primary market in the PRC military complex to be ones I choose not to patronize in most cases.

If you want proof, look at what is posted on the popular flashlight forums as a start. I buy flashlights out of China from 6 different companies so, my experience isn't from Walmart or a flea market.

Coming full circle, consider what someone in US Military service would appreciate. Not everyone needs a SureFire flashlight. Also, not everyone needs a cheap Chinese flashlight either.

One of the SST-20 DEEP RED right-angle flashlights with a magnetic base is a great place to start. Convoy, Wurkkos, and Sofirn are three cheaper companies to consider. There are many other commercial companies making similar lights to consider too.

So no actual proof then other than some self professed internet geek "experts" on some niche forum......Thats what I thought.

The Foursevens Quark Mini would be a nice option. It has a magnetic base, and you can also get a magnetic flex arm that is made for it that you can position any way you want it. I can post pics if you need, otherwise you can see it on the Foursevens/Prometheus lights webpage. I have many great lights and I still end up using the Mini a lot. Plus their customer service is great in my experience.

Back