Small knife challenge

• Yes I accept

Votes: 33 41.8%
  • No I don't accept

Votes: 36 45.6%
  • I'll think about it

Votes: 10 12.7%

• Total voters
Forgive me, S ShaiHulud , I have done messed up. It has been 19 days since I accepted this small knife challenge. This morning, with no ill intent, I picked up & used the nearest knife for a simple task, despite having a perfectly acceptable Buck 501 in my pocket. That nearest knife was a Manix 2 and, while the sharpened edge IS (according to specs) less than 3", the blade is 3.3x".
Realizing my mistake, I did set the Manix 2 aside & made an additional (and completely unnecessary) cut with the 501. If it helps matters, it was a much loved Dec '20 BOTM.

Forgive me, S ShaiHulud , I have done messed up. It has been 19 days since I accepted this small knife challenge. This morning, with no ill intent, I picked up & used the nearest knife for a simple task, despite having a perfectly acceptable Buck 501 in my pocket. That nearest knife was a Manix 2 and, while the sharpened edge IS (according to specs) less than 3", the blade is 3.3x".
Realizing my mistake, I did set the Manix 2 aside & made an additional (and completely unnecessary) cut with the 501. If it helps matters, it was a much loved Dec '20 BOTM.
As per fine print, Just gotta write it down my guy
Cake is still possible for you 🍰

As per fine print, Just gotta write it down my guy
Cake is still possible for you 🍰
Per the fine print, it's still a mess up as I didn't feel/find that a sub 3" blade was insufficient to the task...I just haven't slept yet and used the knife conveniently sitting <6" from the item to be cut, rather than reaching into my lfp.
Hopefully, my notation in this forum serves as writing it down - I believe the intent is simply to keep track & I have duly recorded the event.

Per the fine print, it's still a mess up as I didn't feel/find that a sub 3" blade was insufficient to the task...I just haven't slept yet and used the knife conveniently sitting <6" from the item to be cut, rather than reaching into my lfp.
Hopefully, my notation in this forum serves as writing it down - I believe the intent is simply to keep track & I have duly recorded the event.
Well, after your month is up just tally up the times 👌
Still impressive

Most of the time, a small folder is all I need. When I have to break down a lot of boxes at work or for some garden tasks, a knife like my 110 works notably better. I finished April with a sub-3-inch knife and I'm calling that close enough. Today I had my 110 with me.
J18ZjIlh.jpg

I voted no thank you in the poll. 3.5-4” is my sweet spot for EDC folders. Strangely enough my meat processing (NOT simple field dressing a whitetail but skinning and quartering mule deer and elk on the mountain) knife is a tiny little 3” Benchmade Altitude. Go figure

This challenge won’t work for me. I use what I need and about half the time I need a bigger blade. Usually a Buck 110,sometimes a 3.1 inch Vantage pro But I do use my 501 Larrin quite a bit and it measures 2.8 inch.

Surprisingly, I've made it without breaking my oath since I started this challenge. The Hera Mini and Leatherman Charge TTi have handled 100% of my needs. I did use a boker slip joint to eat a couple of pears at my desk, but it's also under 3" in length. Maybe there is something to this....

Back