Small knife challenge

• Yes I accept

Votes: 33 45.8%
  • No I don't accept

Votes: 32 44.4%
  • I'll think about it

Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters
Okay, so we're supposed to document all use of blades over 3" unless said use is for cooking, outdoor activities, or defeating the Tatars. Therefore, I must confess another transgression:

ObDftWO.jpeg

Hear me out, a washcloth fell into the abyss behind the washing machine:

u0XplUY.jpeg

Note that thing that looks like a grabber is actually some overpriced organic swiffer- thing that doesn't work. The 1796 Light Cavalry Sabre was my only hope.

NZHVtbR.jpeg

It's not stupid if it works.

But, to bring balance, I did use this little number to open up and install a new car seat. So there's that.

P9X7fck.jpeg
👌

I’m out, boys. Got the UTX-85 and didn’t agree with my hand at all. Once it was open it was alright, but too “fiddly” for big hands to actuate. I knew I’d end up constantly dropping it just trying to get it open. Traded it that very day for an Ultratech.

Guess I’m just a big blade guy at heart, and I’m ok with that. Know thyself and all that whatnot.
Ahhhh, this is more like it.

I’m still thinking about doing the small knife challenge, just have to decide on a different one. Small OTFs are not for me.

Still this lil fella
Mine are bouncing around from a collection of random little rabbit nails, from sak classic, to Wenger esquire, micra, case peanut, wenger commander, sak Spartan, etc
But still not suffering from the lack of a larger folder, or one that locks, so I have that going for me, which is nice.

The Japanese Higonokami, This is a folding knife made by Mr. Nagao who is the 5th generation, and the only one existing maker of this original Higonokami. My example is in my Bug out bag in the truck. This folding knife was very popular with GI's during the Japanese occupation, and a lot of them came back with them. I remember these little folding knives in the 1960's by than they were in tool boxes and desk drawers completely worn out. They have a aogami (Blue Steel No.2) folded blade and are wicked sharp.

02013e5fcc305cc86a7101c4afc12008f391dc3a2e907b37420496d91c46372d.jpeg

If you want one of a Higonokami be careful there are a lot of counterfeits out there. There are legitimate Japanese makers but they have to call theirs "Higo" or "Higonokami-style". Only Nagao Kanekoma can call them Higonokami.

Im out.
Just bought a Civivi Chevalier II, because my Anso Aros is delayed.
So thats going to be my daily carry til i get my "main" knife. But i still think ill use the civivi to hard tasks that i dont want to use my expensive knife for.

I normally carry 2 knives but the smaller ones are Mkm isonzo. I have 3 of them. I use it for food prep or cutting up apples I’m eating since an apple a day… I’ve only fertilized this year so far but have used it to cut a flower for my girlfriend and also my wife 😉. But to date I’ve used a civics elementum to gut and skin a deer last season but I think that’s a 3” blade on that one. So I have a jump on ya lace up your boots son. But I’m also late to the game but I can cheerlead
Exceptions apply:
1. Food prep and cooking
2. Outdoor gardening
3. Game dressing

Back