snark bark dark fark hark lark mark narc park zark

Status
Not open for further replies.
I.O. 41!
Anyway...Do NOT get me started on the issue of the frustrations and fears of navigating today's modern roads! That could be an entire thread in itself. I'll just say this; after my experience 2 weeks ago attempting to survive the death race of Louisiana from New Orleans to Texas via I-10 and back I will testify unequivocally that in my 38 years as a licensed driver having traveled all over the country I have NEVER had a more stressful and intimidating "fear-for-your-life" experience! I think I may just open my own thread detailing said experience just for therapy's sake but for this moment permit me to simply summarize my feelings by saying " EVERYONE in Louisiana drive like demon-possessed lunatics! There. I said it. Sorry Louisianians but you brought it on yourselves.

Now...this is a Becker thread, so... a much appropriate pic. :D

Pyaoj9Y.jpg

Great pic Lone Wolf! Idiot drivers with no courtesy are high on my list of people that I dislike! lol

Speaking of Becker pics, my bk20 getting ready to get dressed up in some fancy pants!

0RAahrl.jpg

Great pic Lone Wolf! Idiot drivers with no courtesy are high on my list of people that I dislike! lol

Speaking of Becker pics, my bk20 getting ready to get dressed up in some fancy pants!

0RAahrl.jpg

I love how people turn on their blinkers at the last second before making a turn. Or when they make a left hand turn without using the turn lane. Awesome!

Looking forward to seeing what you make!

I love how people turn on their blinkers at the last second before making a turn. Or when they make a left hand turn without using the turn lane. Awesome!

Looking forward to seeing what you make!

I don't like when people slam on their brakes and THEN put on their blinker as they are turning! I could go on and on about discourteous drivers! lol Let's just say that road rage runs in my family :D

I am not making the sheath, I wish I had the skills to do something like this! Colton from Rednose is making it for me!

Congrats Jerry! I can attest to the whole wrapped around little finger thing, going on 8 years now... Not a regret in the world. Hoping for good health and a speedy recovery for you significant other.

Y'all old farts with all the years of experience complaining about today's crazy drivers.. Imagine what it's like if you've only had your license a few months. I fear for my life every time I go 5 minutes away from home and I live in the middle of nowhere. :D

Congrats Jerry!

congrats Jerry!

And to the rest of you...you ain't got nothing on SoFla driving :D lane invasions at 40 while your doing 70, with no cars in front of their original lane... right blinker, go left... road rage... elderly people... teenagers in big trucks...expensive car owners that think the streets came into their possession along with the keys... immigrants, legal or not, learning to drive on the highways... sigh the list is too long. I've only learned to flip after I look, don't like flipping off to old people.

Congrats Jerry, that's awesome.

A question for all of you hammock-ers...

Would a doubled up blanket be good enough for insulation below me if I'm in a thick mummy sleeping bag with a blanket on top as well? The coldest I'll be overnighting in will be around 50, but probably more like 60-75 degrees 90% of the time.

A question for all of you hammock-ers...

Would a doubled up blanket be good enough for insulation below me if I'm in a thick mummy sleeping bag with a blanket on top as well? The coldest I'll be overnighting in will be around 50, but probably more like 60-75 degrees 90% of the time.

You would probably be fine. I have used a windshield reflector underneath in cooler temps than that and was fine, so I'd say a blanket would serve you well. If you sleep hot, I probably wouldn't worry about it too much. Or if you can sew or know someone who would be willing to sew for you, ripstopbytheroll sells underquilt kits for a pretty reasonable price.

Just last week my younger brother used a doubled-up wool blanket underneath his hammock while being inside a thick mummy bag, all while the temp got down to 23F. He was fine, not luxuriously comfortable, but fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back