So... that happened *Warning for those who are squeamish*

Damn!

Really glad to hear it wasn't worse. And I daresay that khukuri has become even more treasured now!

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Since we often mention Pictures or it didn't happen, I dub that picture "YEAH! IT HAPPENED" I am glad to hear what sounds like no permanent damage? Something that deep in that area could cause problems with tendons ect. So that is great. Also good that the bear didn't cause any more damage to you. You are lucky you were armed with a blade capable of taking down a bear and that you were physically able to use the blade for such. Not a skillset many of us in the lower 48 need to deal with. I can understand the game laws and the reasons make perfect sense. But I still think you should ask if there isn't a claw or tooth ect that you are entitled too. Now to start "Crafting" the story. Remember the bear was 14 feet tall, and his saliva dripping on you as he stood over you made the grip slippery should be somewhere in there. No seriously I am just messing with it. I am sure the true story is enough without any embelishment anyways.

Yup and mention the rancid breath of decaying flesh from the bears last victim. Make it a 16 footer, go big or stay on the porch.

Nothing wrong with a little embellishment now and then.

But seriously, my hats off to ya son. You fought the bear and won, not many can say that.

Heck yeah, that's a great idea. Maybe a photo of halfsquelch holding the knife and a picture of a similar bear. I don't know that they got bears over there, they might not know what we're talking about or the seriousness of the deed.

I like this idea a lot.

Holy smokes man! I am impressed, intimidated and freaked out at the same time.... gnar! Glad you were in a position to defend yourself, quite an insane story

Huh? They want video of ya having your way with a bear attached? They got some sick fish and game dudes up there.

Could be a boy bear, how twisted does it get. And in the Last Frontier too.

I am just impressed that the khuk was able to take out that much of its neck. In comparison if the neck had been the size of a full grown human male it would have take the head clean off. I'm a big dude and have been an athlete most of my life but that still would not have been possible without a blade like that.

Wow. I don't frequent this subforum much if at all but I saw that heading and just had to. ;-) Kudos and a big heartfelt " I am glad it wasn't worse." Great story and I hope you heal up well.

All I can say is DAMN !! Make sure to keep wound clean you don't need an infection. Smoke and prayers for fast recovery. MK

Holy SH-- man thats crazy, Im glad your ok and just a few stitches. That is one hell of a story, I got chills reading it. That my friends just shows that HI is the best khuks going period and we got the story to prove it. Heal well sir and I salute you and bow before ya.

I propose a new screen name! Bearslayer. Kind a rolls off the tongue don't cha think?

Smoke and prayers for a quick recovery. You one lucky guy, bro.

A HI khuk vs a bear...yikes, wouldn't believe it unless I heard it. Well, gotta believe it now, because halfsquelch just proved you can take a out a bear with an HI khuk, with skills and determination.

Good thing you had a khukuri on you, and despite knives being unreliable in such situations, the m-43 probably is one of the best designed blades in that circumstance. Also, that is a nasty cut on your arm there, and I hope it heals up well. Do you know if it is going to cause long-term issues?

Well done! Glad you made out ok! Hope there are no long term complications from that wound!

Back