Society is breaking down, ya have to move on...what knife ?

I would choose my smatchet. Zombies were created equal, but the smatchet lets me divide them into equal small pieces.

dwbfj6.jpg

Well...i generally don't have only one blade on me/with me for EDC...so only one for SHTF is kinda silly, but i guess my Becker BK9.

breaking the rules slightly, i would be just as happy, or possibly moreso with my RC3 and tomahawk.

A realistic fb, my RAT/ESEE RC-5:

IMG_3519.jpg

I always have a folder or two in my pockets, too. A JYDII in SG2, BM 755, or even a Buck 110 are likely - as is a Victorinox Farmer SAK. More importantly, what sidearm would I take? It'd be a revolver, but .22 rimfire for lightweight/easily found ammo - .38/.357M for more oomph - or .45 ACP or .45 Colt 'just because'? My Katadyn 'Hiker Pro' water purifier is in my 'bug-out briefcase' now, along with important papers, etc. One needs more than just a knife...

Stainz

I live in Tokyo, Japan, that is very worried about future huge earthquake.
Tokyo and its around is very crowded and extremely hard to escape to woods and water resources.

Every vehicles will be banned to use personally in whole shaked areas and
so many people will appear for foods and waters.

Rivers are so wasted as to be doubtful to drink,
and something about water purifier doesn't be purchased at all.

First aid kit is sold but it doesn't include medical materials
so that we will have to buy a pouch that attached band-aids as first aid kit.

Hygiene will be destroyed so quickly because so many people lives in their apartment
and they can foot only paved surfaces and are forced to depend on public services at their live.

Forest is planted to sell and medicinal knowledge is well limited so that
ethical/political ECO scream is laud enough to hate every part of practical methods.

And it is banned to carry almost all of knives, Gerber LST for example in Japan,
so that it is in fact impossible to carry big knife except cooking blades at such time.

What knife then...

What your saying is just half truth, you don't live in Japan for that long to understand the resources that you have.
I suggest to study "KOBE earthquake in 1995":)
& if Fuji Volcano kick in go south:D

After all I've read, it still has to be the Becker BK-2.

Coupled with the Vic Farmer in my pocket, the world is mine. I can easily make spears and other devices for self defense.

just read through the whole thread and found alot of good responses.

for me i would take this Bagwell. I can conceal it, it's relative light weight for its size, capable of doing a wide spectrum of chores including chopping to carving, not to mention it is my favorite knife:cool:
002-3.jpg

im waiten on a carolinian from diving sparrow so my awnser may changr after it arrives but as of now id go with my yarborough from chris reeves and id def. opt to have my tomahawk along with it if i could

Busse Boss Street, stripped/convexed. It is so great its almost cute, in a dangerous sort of way- like a baby puff adder.

I think my chopweiler would be up to the task. Everything apart from self defence, I don't think it's very stabby.

In the unlikely event that i could only take one knife,it would be my Randall #14 or my old camillus made carbon V CS Trail master.
I usually prefer my 4" to 5" knives, but for a one knife forever no axe that's the way i'ed go.

I live in Tokyo, Japan, that is very worried about future huge earthquake.
Tokyo and its around is very crowded and extremely hard to escape to woods and water resources.

Every vehicles will be banned to use personally in whole shaked areas and
so many people will appear for foods and waters.

Rivers are so wasted as to be doubtful to drink,
and something about water purifier doesn't be purchased at all.

First aid kit is sold but it doesn't include medical materials
so that we will have to buy a pouch that attached band-aids as first aid kit.

Hygiene will be destroyed so quickly because so many people lives in their apartment
and they can foot only paved surfaces and are forced to depend on public services at their live.

Forest is planted to sell and medicinal knowledge is well limited so that
ethical/political ECO scream is laud enough to hate every part of practical methods.

And it is banned to carry almost all of knives, Gerber LST for example in Japan,
so that it is in fact impossible to carry big knife except cooking blades at such time.

What knife then...

have seen, used, owned some japanese "kitchen" knives that would make outstanding survival knives.

but today if i had to bug out...wouldnt leave that new(to me) wildertool bushknife behind
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=763954&highlight=rick+marchand

thanks for the lead rick! i am loving this knife!

Last edited:
CS Master Tanto 6". If the Kraton failed, I could wrap the tang. Easy to sharpen, super tough, sharp, unbelievable point strengh, and easy to carry. The square spine really fires up a ferro rod. You could baton this thing with a bumper jack. Mine is 26 years old, and still going strong.

I'd get a spoon knife and make me a whole lot of spoons...........

(protest to 'the one thread') :D :D :D

Becker BK9 will do it all from fire making to food prep to self-defense.

Busse Skinny Ash
I have always been intrigued by the AK-47 swords or even the Wiki.
Could be good at chopping heads off or arm and legs.

just read through the whole thread and found alot of good responses.

for me i would take this Bagwell. I can conceal it, it's relative light weight for its size, capable of doing a wide spectrum of chores including chopping to carving, not to mention it is my favorite knife:cool:
002-3.jpg

I'm super jealous of this thing. I've wanted a real Bagwell for years now, but I've never been able to afford one. I wish another production company would start making his designs out of some decent steel. Beautiful blade.

Back