Society is breaking down, ya have to move on...what knife ?

Or, the Busse Battle Pappy :D

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=760662

BCSBattlePappy2.jpg

No???? :(
survival_knife_kit_with_sheath__21435.jpg

Ok, serious face on now. I would like a larger knife, for the reason that shelter and defence would no doubt be high on the list first up. No sheeple knives on this journey...

Esee Junglas or possibly a Busse bushwacker handful of kikass?

esee-jungle-b.jpg

bwm3_lg.jpg

It is a very difficult question actually. I would choose two fixed blades and a folder. One of the fixed blades would be the largest strongest (aka best) blade I own which is consistant with what others have said and the other would probably be a Bob Dozier blade. If you don't take it with you, you're likely to loose it. Cost has no bearing on the choice at this point. I have a lot of choices and it would be a tough one for the three blades.

I'm super jealous of this thing. I've wanted a real Bagwell for years now, but I've never been able to afford one. I wish another production company would start making his designs out of some decent steel. Beautiful blade.
Thanks! I feel fortunate to have it myself. I had to cancel all my remaining customs orders to get it but it was worth it to me.

Of the knives I have, my Spyderco Bushie would have to be it. Versatile, dependable, tough, etc. Could be that I'm just enamored with it at the moment.
Then again maybe my MMHW... It's all those things plus huge and made of carbon steel. Not so hot for fine work and a PITA to sharpen, though.

One knife?

Can't do it. If it was one knife and only knife only, would opt for a big chopper.

The only time I don't have at least one good FB and a folder on me is in court (leave in the car, because it is illegal).

I would probably take my Busse Khukri (KZII) with a convexed edge, and a smaller FB like the BAD, or GW, and a folder or two.

I would probably have the wife carry the Basic11. Light enough for her to easily use. Handle is great size.

BOB would have the Glock 40 with at least 3 5 spare mags. Maybe I would have the wife rock that since she likes that gun. I could do a .357 wheel gun, and my AR (depending on distance to walk).

When you start gearing up, if you are truly walking a long distance, you start noticing extra weight quickly. I could have the wife carry the M1 carbine, with a stack of 30 round mags. Light enough for her to carry and easy to use.

In a true SHTF situation, I would be heading over to my folks. I would pack up my guns and ammo, and knives and kiddies in the 4x4 and make the long drive over to the folks house. It is about 2.5 miles or so. We live in a small town. My parents have a couple years of foods storage. Generator, fuel, water filtration, garden in the back. Fire stove, and about 2 years worth of wood to burn in the stove. Even if they run out of fuel for the generator, we can still cook over their wood burning stove.

My place now, lots of space, but not too defensible. Big back sliding door/window. I only have a few months worth of food, and water filtration, I would just take that over to the folks anyway.

IMG_3325.jpg

IMG_3299.jpg

Honestly, If I could swing it, I might take this beast as well.

IMG_0597.jpg

The hammer poll on the back will destroy pretty much anything you smack. I destroyed a big dog house with it the other day. Will punch through plywood like paper. Single swing with the poll will break a 2x4 in half. One swing will knock a door handle off, or back through the door. Still has the axe end for chopping etc.

Plus, as a bonus, I can throw it too! I am darned good with my hawks, but not to shabby with the big sucker either.

Fun thread!

(oldie but goody).

Only one.....

My beloved beat up camp tramp.

My second addition would be a solid muti tool

and third would be a 3/4 hudson or a med/large machete

I would grab my Busse Battle Mistress without a second thought. :)

BusseCGFBM05_DSC1703.jpg

Stay sharp,
desmobob

Funny... the only other blade and handle color combination that I considered was the one in your photo. I love that black and blue combo.

Beside the venerable Battle Mistress, I also consider the Busse ASH-1 one of the ultimate day-after-the-end-of-the-world knives. This knife is built so thick and strong, it honestly feels like the most indestructable thing I own!

Stay sharp,
desmobob

Not sure about the ASH-1, but definitely the HHFSH (Heavy Heart Fusion Steel Heart) or HOGFSH (Heavy Ordnance Grade Fusion Steel Heart) for sure!

Translations for the guys that don't memorize the Busse acronyms.

Not sure about the ASH-1, but definitely the HHFSH (Heavy Heart Fusion Steel Heart) or HOGFSH (Heavy Ordnance Grade Fusion Steel Heart) for sure!

Translations for the guys that don't memorize the Busse acronyms.

The ASH-1 (Anniversary Steel Heart 1) at .32" is thicker than the HHFSH at .27" or the HOGFSH at .312". I believe the only thicker Steel Heart model is the MOASH at .345" !

Stay sharp,
desmobob

Oh damn, I was thinking of the Skinny ASH at .187. I forget there was a fat ASH as well!

I love the Busse names -- "Hey everybody! Look at my fat ASH!!"

:D

I have an ASH-1 LE (skinny) that would definitely be at the top of the list, and I also have a BATAC LE that is just an absolute beast coming in at .27. I would like to see a BATAC LE skinny, as it would strike a good balance between size and thickness.

I would grab my Busse Battle Mistress without a second thought. :)

BusseCGFBM05_DSC1703.jpg

Stay sharp,
desmobob

Ha! I use that same compass in the navigation classes i teach (i have 13 of 'em plus the non-functioning 'overhead transparency' version). Also, the students use 'em for some orienteering races - big fun!

I don't however, have a Busse.

knives004.jpg

I am taking the Dogfather and if I can handle two the Regulator...If not, my chunks.

family068.jpg

family069.jpg

Either Chunk is 3/4" thick at the spine and shaving sharp, great for tactical doorbell ringing and getting into things...;)

Ha! I use that same compass in the navigation classes i teach (i have 13 of 'em plus the non-functioning 'overhead transparency' version). Also, the students use 'em for some orienteering races - big fun!

I don't however, have a Busse.

I love that compass... I believe they're the lowest priced compass available with adjustable declination. That's a feature that I think is a necessity (there's over 14 deg. of declination where I play), but is generally only available on high-dollar compasses.

Another benefit of the Brunton Classic is it's big and easy to read for those of us with aging eyes. :rolleyes: I have the same model with the sighting mirror and thermometer also. It's my favorite.

Stay sharp,
desmobob

Back