Sodbuster...and lots of them!

ezjIPrJ.jpg
Will that bottom bull nose is super fine. What are the handles made of?

Will that bottom bull nose is super fine. What are the handles made of?
Why thank you :cool: It's English Yew that I bought in Germany and sent to J jsdistin for a total re-handle. Unfortunately, it's cracked, if you zoom left of the pivot you can see a hairline starting (that's got a lot worse) Will have to send it back but I fear this wood is unsuitable and it will have to be Micarta :( Just can't face parting with it as it's so amazing.

Regards, Will

Why thank you :cool: It's English Yew that I bought in Germany and sent to J jsdistin for a total re-handle. Unfortunately, it's cracked, if you zoom left of the pivot you can see a hairline starting (that's got a lot worse) Will have to send it back but I fear this wood is unsuitable and it will have to be Micarta :( Just can't face parting with it as it's so amazing.

Regards, Will

Sad news that's my favorite Bull recover.

Beautiful series of knives Jack Black. I want that Imperial in the last image, or at least one like it. I didn't know Imperial made one.
No, I'm not soliciting a sale. I'm just dreaming out loud and drooling on my keyboard.

Last edited:
Beautiful series of knives Jack Black. I want that Imperial in the last image, or at least one like it. I didn't know Imperial made one.
No, I'm not soliciting a sale. I'm just dreaming out loud and drooling on my keyboard.
If you want an Imperial than no need to dream. They are on Amazon for $10.

If you want an Imperial than no need to dream. They are on Amazon for $10.
Oh wait. I want that Imperial, but only if it was manufactured in the USA. I knew it was too good to be true. Maybe I should have paid closer attention. -Hanging my head in shame-

Edited: I mean no disrespect for anyone who purchases or owns a knife made elswhere. I've purchased some myself. That is a personal decision. I would just prefer my Imperials to be of USA origin.

Last edited:
I know it's silly
I wanna pick me up a large SS case sodbuster
Get me a belt pouch
Sand that ugly etch off

And use it like a rented mule as a work knife ..

Maybe after Christmas ...

I work in a hardware store
Mostly cutting boxes, opening bags nothing terribly difficult but alot of it is probably tough on blades.. especially all the tape that needs cutting

Last edited:
I know it's silly
I wanna pick me up a large SS case sodbuster
Get me a belt pouch
Sand that ugly etch off

And use it like a rented mule as a work knife ..

Maybe after Christmas ...

I work in a hardware store
Mostly cutting boxes, opening bags nothing terribly difficult but alot of it is probably tough on blades.. especially all the tape that needs cutting
Ha! Just go for the satisfaction of wearing the etch off. That way your joy lasts longer.
Oh, and there's nothing silly at all about your wish. After all, knives were originally made to be used.

Ha! Just go for the satisfaction of wearing the etch off. That way your joy lasts longer.
Oh, and there's nothing silly at all about your wish. After all, knives were originally made to be used.
It's silly cause I have lots of "better" and more expensive knives

But after losing my skeletool recently, and I think I lost it AT work
I am becoming a little tool shy 😂

Id hate to misplace or drop a bone scale gec on the concrete floor

Back